Iris Raptor Available at Flightsim Store - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Iris Raptor Available at Flightsim Store

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    Speechless... In fact the video adds value to the product
    The smartest comment I've seen in a while because it actually does.

Jose.

Thanks buddy, you encourage new posters here...:salute:

How do the modeled systems on this compared to the VRS FA18E?

If they are just as good or even better then I would be interested, if they are not as good then I would probably skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by idahosurge View Post
    How do the modeled systems on this compared to the VRS FA18E?

If they are just as good or even better then I would be interested, if they are not as good then I would probably skip it.
    How is it possible to model a plane in such finite detail considering the aircraft is highly classified still?

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    How is it possible to model a plane in such finite detail considering the aircraft is highly classified still?
    Would it be comparable to the Aerosoft FSX F16 then!

Quote Originally Posted by idahosurge View Post
    Would it be comparable to the Aerosoft FSX F16 then!
    Absolutely, in my opinion anyways... and I worked with both aircraft.

Mind you, the cockpit in the F-22 is MUCH easier to navigate around and perform functions, as the F-22 is relatively recent, while the F-16 is 80s tech.

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    Okay guys, my texture problem is solved, thanks to everyone who helped. SOOOOO...one more thing, afterburner. On my screen it does not appear conical as it does on the real bird. Is this just me? can it be elongated/made conical? Anyways, this is a very good aircraft, and if you are on the fence, don't be afraid to hop in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    JP, the issue was do we (IRIS) have 3D (Ie; move with nozzles, and don't look as good) or do we have Effects driven? eventually effects won out but is confined to the inner portion of the Petals on the rear end, this way they are still seen but due to effect limitations they do not travel beyond that, otherwise the effect would be seen THROUGH the petals if you pulled high alpha, therefore deflecting the Petals into the reheat stream so summed up..... they're confined to space as there is no way for effects to be deflected and therefore match the petal angles....
    Despite the above, has anyone managed to add afterburner effects?

I've managed to do so, but the effect interferes with the VC panel lighting...

Hi again,

I have afterburner effects working 95% by twiddling and tweaking the AB effects and gauge update kindly supplied by Bry Hardee for the Rollus Rafale afterburner.

However, the burners won't work if the night vision is ON [full VC night vision not the HUD] or the VC Flood lighting is OFF.

I've done all I can [getting into the realms of xml code gives me a headache then nose bleed within 10 mins...].

Can anyone help me get to 100%? I can post the mod's I've made or send via. PM if needed. :salute:

Regards, Dave.

Attachment 42921

On Another Planet
    Why does my brand new F-22 look like this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The green HUD? Use the dial right of the AP button (Below the hud) to adjust.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Also don't forget that in the Microsoft Flight Simulator X/IRIS Platinum Series/F-22 Raptor folder there is a subfolder called 'Fonts to install'. Double click the lcddot file and click the 'install' button to install that font into windows.

It's required for adjusting the cockpit fonts to the correct style..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]