Iris Raptor Available at Flightsim Store - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Iris Raptor Available at Flightsim Store

One more time it's a must have !
    This aircraft is awesome. The VC is gorgeous.
    The night vision mod is identical to that developed for the warthog.
    This add on isn't a frame rate killer

Congratulation to the Iris team.
    :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by mathieu View Post
    One more time it's a must have !
    This aircraft is awesome. The VC is gorgeous.
    The night vision mod is identical to that developed for the warthog.
    This add on isn't a frame rate killer

Congratulation to the Iris team.
    :salute:
    Agreed a beauty.

hey ..i got it today ...its really nice ....but Ive also got a problem ....the afterburner is sticking on...what i mean is when i use afterburner then try to decrease power...nothing happens and i need to press f1 and f2 to bring the power back down again :/ I'm using the logitech g940 system and Ive never had any problems with it .....the rest of the aircraft is really nice ....ive just got this problem ...it makes the aircraft really hard to take off when the afterburner stays on and you accelerate to Mach 2 hahaha ..... any help lads ??..thanks

Great model!:salute:

One negative thing to say about it: the bump map is way too pronounced.

Great looking plane. My hats off to IRIS . This is the one plane I really wanted out of any of them,but almost $50 bucks for one addon plane is just to much anymore.

Back to flying the alphasim F22.

Congrats to Iris as this is a great looking bird from what I'm reading and seeing in pics shes just to rich for my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by conork View Post
    hey ..i got it today ...its really nice ....but Ive also got a problem ....the afterburner is sticking on...what i mean is when i use afterburner then try to decrease power...nothing happens and i need to press f1 and f2 to bring the power back down again :/ I'm using the logitech g940 system and Ive never had any problems with it .....the rest of the aircraft is really nice ....ive just got this problem ...it makes the aircraft really hard to take off when the afterburner stays on and you accelerate to Mach 2 hahaha ..... any help lads ??..thanks
    This is happeneing to a few people me included, a patch will be available in the next 2 to 3 weeks according to the iris FB page!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Just bought the Raptor, got it downloaded and installed, got it fired up and ready to leave the ground at Edwards AFB; just one problem: The parking brake won't release!

Since the Iris website is down, and Facebook won't let me log in, is there anyone here that can help me..??
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Just bought the Raptor, got it downloaded and installed, got it fired up and ready to leave the ground at Edwards AFB; just one problem: The parking brake won't release!

I saw this mentioned elsewhere, have you tried the switch on the L/H console? The normal keys do not work.

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    I saw this mentioned elsewhere, have you tried the switch on the L/H console? The normal keys do not work.
    Thanks Calypsos; I figured it out while working on solving other problems (Facebook working now too!)..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

What a great aircraft!

Unfortunately screenshots do not do justice to the paints; the metal effects look great!

I believe someone requested night lighting screenshots?

I doubt this will ever happen, but this fictional Thunderbird looks great:

that T-Bird paint was a labour of love for me... i quite enjoyed doing it, then again the same can be said for all the paints included, but i cannot take the credit, that goes to David and the rest of the team for their hard work and support whilst painting this aircraft, so to everyone and the IRIS Team; Thank you and i'm glad those of you who have it are enjoying it... :salute: that is all....... for now!

Matt, the fictional RAF paint seems to have some great effects, changing colour from light grey to very dark; very well done!

The only slight critisism I can find is the 'Cripes a Mighty' paint; the blue part could do with some more anti aliasing around the edge.

yeah i'll probably get that done during this week, while finishing the rest of another 15+ schemes.... including this one (Consider this a sneaky peek at the texture pack)....

Matt that Klu demo scheme looks amazing mate!!

The parking brake should be set to antiskid remember keyboard commands will not work on this aircraft it must be done via the VC!

Edit, sorry didn't see that you solved it!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Wow, that T-Bird paint scheme is the bomb! Maybe the Air Force could work one F-22 into the mix with the rest of the F-16's just for PR purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I doubt this will ever happen, but this fictional Thunderbird looks great:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    yeah i'll probably get that done during this week, while finishing the rest of another 15+ schemes.... including this one (Consider this a sneaky peek at the texture pack)....
    :ernae:

The external model is great, as is the virtual cockpit, but it just doesnt fly like a Raptor...

A Raptor with 30% fuel and no weapons load should be able to pull more than 5-6Gs when flying at 3-400 knots, the only times Im able to get the Iris Raptor to pull around 9Gs is when Im overspeeding it...

AGG i fly a slightly modified Raptor CFG, just upped the *control surface*_effectiveness lines, just means if you do that you have to be extra careful on the controls... but it does seem to fly a bit more like the lunatic she can be...

Could you post the changes you've made, Matt?

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Regarding the Night Vision Lighting there is a little bug-a-boo that I'm sure will be addressed in any future update. When I fly with this feature turned on...while in Preview Direct X mode... and I turn on the "console light switch" on the left hand side panel...the pilot's lower G-suit turns white showing that it is not compatible while in Preview Direct X mode. Turing off the console switch fixes the problem.
    I for one would not mind if the pilot's little legs got removed while "inside" the V.C. This could save us a few little polys. Is that ejection seat under his arse modeled?

Attachment 35854

...ha ha you missed me. No, that is not a SAM, but a passing little AI aircraft.

Attachment 35855

I'm sure there'll be a Tyndall repaint soonish by the great repainters.

My reason for purchasing this Raptor is that Smudge showed us all that he'll play hard ball when it comes to Christmas sales....I picked up a load of good stuff over at his shop. However, I had only just purchased the A-10 a little while before the "Great Sale". So I do not mind paying full price for this one. It's the only F-22 for FSX.
    How many of you out there got the great A-10 for only $5.00 ????

And on another note, she Attachment 35856 found out about it not more than 5 minutes after I made the purchase...I had checked on her...I thought she was gabbing on Facebook !!!

get me a pic of a Tyndall bird guys and i'll get right on it for you all :salute:

and Ferry, stand by just going to go open the Aircraft.cfg now...

ok for those that want to try flying it as i do....

[flight_tuning]
    elevator_effectiveness =1.75000//1.00000
    rudder_effectiveness =1.75000//1.00000
    pitch_stability =1.00000
    cruise_lift_scalar =1.00000
    parasite_drag_scalar =0.60000
    induced_drag_scalar =1.00000
    aileron_effectiveness =1.00000
    roll_stability =1.00000
    yaw_stability =1.00000
    elevator_trim_effectiveness =1.30000
    aileron_trim_effectiveness =1.00000
    rudder_trim_effectiveness =1.00000
    hi_alpha_on_roll =1.00000
    hi_alpha_on_yaw =1.00000
    p_factor_on_yaw =0.00000
    torque_on_roll =0.00000
    gyro_precession_on_roll =0.00000
    gyro_precession_on_yaw =0.00000
    be VERY careful, i'm used to handling it like this, and boy does it sharpen her up, but as i say for touring not so good, for being a maniac (like me) it's a good choice....

Thanks Matt, I'll give it a try later today.