FSX Crashes

Thread: FSX Crashes

FSX Crashes

So I decided to take a break from my HD woes and fly around PNW in my Dodo. I take off from Darrington, loop around via KORS area and head south. I stop for fuel around Diamond Point and continue south. I decide to head for Vaschon Island and as I hit the Bremerton area, my FSX freezes up and crashes. This only seems to happen in this area when it does happen so I was wondering if I was the only one. I am using an Alienware Area 51 with a GTX 480 and 6 gig of RAM so you wouldn't think I would have any issues with memory or graphics. So much about forgeting about my hard drive (I wonder how it's doing in the freezer?).

If anyone has any suggestions about the FSX freeze ups in this area, I'm all ears.

Thanx,
    LouP

I've also been having crashes in pnw, but in each case I had an exception message saying it had something to do with the Rex weather engine when it was trying to determine my position.

I've turned off the Rex weather engine and taken my autogen down a notch to very dense to see how it goes. I think there is an issue in fsx with simconnect and complex scenery where simconnect can timeout.

If you have any third party apps that are running through simconnect then I'd try disabling them. I've also see. A few posts on the orbx forums where they talk about a couple of files that may be a problem.

Hi Andy,

Thanks, The Dodo relys on Simconnect and I also have REX running so I'm not sure what to do. At least others are having issues so I can hope for a fix to come out.

LouP

I just did a flight from darrington to orcas without Rex and still got a crash as I headed west from israels farm.

I think it may be a memory leak with the number of 3G objects. I have the add-on airports for darrington, concrete, israels farm and orcas island, plus I had ut2 running at 90%.

Pnw is the only area i've had problems, but. It's also the most dense scenery.

I was able to start in orcas island in the same a2a spit and fly around fine, even with the traffic still at 90%, which suggests toe that it's a cumulative problem.

I'm going to try running traffic at 50% to see if that helps.