HELP !! Need Permission to upload MAW V 1.31 complete to SOH

Thread: HELP !! Need Permission to upload MAW V 1.31 complete to SOH

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries

HELP !! Need Permission to upload MAW V 1.31 complete to SOH

I all,
    I need to get permission to Upload MAW 1.31 complete.
    Un-Corrupted set up to SOH..

I also have this at a file sharing site for those who may need a Un-Corrupted MAW 1.31 set up..
    Contact me by PM or e-mail..

Please who do I have to Kiss or Kill, BUM, or Beg..
    To speak with to get permission to upload MAW 1.31 complete to SOH..
    It is LONG OVER DUE..

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar

Icon5

..Granted, it'd be nice, but it may just be a little bit too much for the SOH servers...

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I would upload it in the various parts as I downloaded years ago from the MAW site..

That way it would not lock up anyone and those with Phone line connections could still get them all in the 100 meg parts..

I have it all together it is 1.5 gig or so total..
    I have this burnt to a CD from Dec 2007..

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    I all,

I also have this at a file sharing site for those who may need a Un-Corrupted MAW 1.31 set up..

It is LONG OVER DUE..
    Hi,
    I have sent a PM with my email address for a link to your 1.31 complete.

Hopefully it is still available. Thanks for the offer.

Regards MarkL

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    I all,

It is LONG OVER DUE..
    Maybe you could send a PM to one of the moderators?

Or get in contact with the guys from the OZx-site if they could replace the corrupt files with yours?

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries
    maybe we seek a self site for maw and your stuff ,

Quite happy to host that for you mate, I replied to your PM
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JayKae View Post
    Quite happy to host that for you mate, I replied to your PM
    Thanks Jay we appreciate you hosting the CFS3 add-ons.
    I don't recall any public discussion that the existing MAW files were corrupted and needed to be reloaded. Perhaps I missed the thread, I don't have an opportunity to visit SOH much these days.

Bob
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries
    oh bob ....

Until OZx has the files hosted here is a link to the files on my server.

http://www.mrjmaint.tzo.com/maw1.31/

Post here or PM me if there are any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjmaint View Post
    Until OZx has the files hosted here is a link to the files on my server.

http://www.mrjmaint.tzo.com/maw1.31/

Post here or PM me if there are any problems.
    Actually I think there may be a problem. To my knowledge Mathias and others have only given permission to OZx to host the files. The Desert Rats have been in the past very particular about their work.

I know your heart and intention is in the right direction, but we should respect the authors of their rights on the public distribution of their work.

Bob
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

If yer gonna upload it here, speak with Willy or one of the other admins. Severa; packs instead of one huge one would probably be best. Middle
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Is there a particular reason why the OZ hosting isn't good enough anymore?
    Be asured the corrupt file issue is not related to a server location, it's something in the files itself that causes the download to corrupt for some users.
    There's nothing that could be fixed by uploading the stuff to yet another server location.
    Believe me, we've been through that.
    Mathias

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone,
    I will start sending the" NEW" upload to OZ, I don't want to cause a problem with any of this..
    Since I know OZ has permission to host this..I will send it there first..

I would like to upload it to SOH also if possible, so if anyone Knows who I need to contact Please let them and me know..
    I will send it up in the 15 (100 meg)parts as it was done from the MAW Team..

I mean NO Disrespect, to the MAW Team..
    I Hope someone from the MAW Team may see this an allow it to be uploaded to SOH also..

To be honest, I hope to continue to build for and enhance this expansion with my missions sets..
    It is a GREAT expansion and as many, I have had several years of great pleasure from this Masterful work..
    Thanks to OZ and the folks there and the and SOH teams for all of this
    Off to start up loading..
    Thanks very much to all..

Just sent pm to Our Master Mathais.. I will await an answer on all of this before I do anything, I mean NO Disrespect to Mathias or the MAW Team in any way..I an a devoted fan of MAW and the MAW team's work..
    and would like others to enjoy this as I do problem free..

Em yes, you can talk to me, HH.
    Best to drop me a pm.
    Mathias

No worries guys, I will just wait for Hobbit to contact me with the particulars. It is a pleasure hosting this for you all
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Banned

File corrupt or unreadable message

Newbie USAF veteran (1954-1962) here with my initial post.

Looks as if I also got a corrupted download of MAW. I downloaded the separate list of files to one pc and got this message >
    Attachment 35940

Then I started up my other pc and found a MAW bundle and downloaded it and got this same message >
    Attachment 35940

Then I looked for the ETO pack and downloaded it and installed it with ease and
    played it for hours today.

Should I give up on the Maw?:isadizzy:

I also have been playing the Dogpatch Korean mod for at least a year now and need something new.:salute:

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    No don't give up.. I have been very tied up with real life issues and unable to do much cyber stuff of late..Real life has me rather pressed at this time..

The MAW expansion is a wonderful gift to many from the MAW team..
    And I am trying to work out with those who own this to get it re uploaded as possible..
    The Installer doesn't seem to work for all for some unknown reason at this time..

Not all folks who have recently downloaded this have this problem and I am trying to work out what is causing this..
    I am NOT a Master at any of this.. Just a Fan of MAW and of the Men who have given this wonderful expansion to everyone..
    I Hope to sort this out at some point and re upload it to the OZ site where is is presently uploaded for all..
    The MAW Team members don't allow it to be uploaded to any other site I am aware of, and The wishes of the MAW team and Men MUST Be Honored.. We ALL owe them this..
    As I am able I will continue on this project..

But as I stated my real life has become rather messed up and I need to direct myself to real life first..

As has been said several hundred times now, re-uploading the files to another server location will_not_fix_anything since it's not a server issue.
    We had the same situation on 4 different server locations now.
    The problem appears to be on the user's end.
    It's a good idea to shut down virus scanners during the download and to not use download managers.
    Also there's a checksum file in the download that allows you to track down the offending file.
    Mathias

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    As has been said several hundred times now, re-uploading the files to another server location will_not_fix_anything since it's not a server issue.
    We had the same situation on 4 different server locations now.
    The problem appears to be on the user's end.
    It's a good idea to shut down virus scanners during the download and to not use download managers.
    Also there's a checksum file in the download that allows you to track down the offending file.
    Mathias, is correct, it isn't a issue with the download..
    He is one of the Masters and I know as he as said..It isn't a MAW problem but a user problem.. This is what I am trying to help work out..

The uploads for MAW do work correctly for many and for those it doesn't I am trying to work out why..

Do as Our Master-Mathias says in loading MAW..in shutting down virus scans and un-needed back ground programs when loading MAW..

He knows more about MAW then I will ever understand or know..
    Trust his direction on this.. I will as I can try to find why some can't load this..
    But the MAW downloads are not the problem as he has stated..