Freeware St. Barth's scenery.

Thread: Freeware St. Barth's scenery.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Freeware St. Barth's scenery.

Over at Avsim.com:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#aaccee align=center><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD width=* align=left>New! St Barthelemy TFFJ - Slope runway and photorealistic island </TD><TD noWrap align=right><!-- --> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD width=*>File Description:
    St Barthelemy island (TFFJ) is situated in Caribbean sea, south-east from St Marteen. Its small slope runway, between a hill and the sea, is very difficult to manage. A complete scenery of all islands with: -TFFJ Airport with slope runway -Photorealist texture of whole island in 0.5m/pixel -New mesh on basis ASTER -New waterclass -Generic objects (pylons, cranes, ships, boats and buildings) -Some remarkable buildings -Additional local houses in autogen -Additional boats -traffic

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 width="50%" bgColor=#aaccee align=center><TBODY><TR><TD width="25%">Filename:</TD><TD width="75%">st-barth_fsx.zip</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">License:</TD><TD width="75%">Freeware, limited distribution</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Added:</TD><TD width="75%">27th March 2011</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Downloads:</TD><TD width="75%">117</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Author:</TD><TD width="75%">Marc-henri Guitteny</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Size:</TD><TD width="75%">88837kb</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A few screenshots:

Very nice!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Good find Ferry, it look gorgeous!

Huub

Ferry the scenery looks great and I hope that a little fsx tropical flying will help cure another seattle gloomy day.

Yeah this scenery is really neat. Payware quality for free. I wish it had a bit more autogen (I know there's something about adding more in the readme file) and the photo scenery is nice once above 1000ft agl, otherwise i get some blurry tiles low level.

But the runway texture is amazing, it's the kind of airport that makes you want to fly in

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Yeah this scenery is really neat. Payware quality for free. I wish it had a bit more autogen (I know there's something about adding more in the readme file) and the photo scenery is nice once above 1000ft agl, otherwise i get some blurry tiles low level.

But the runway texture is amazing, it's the kind of airport that makes you want to fly in

Follow the included instructions to add waves and auto-gen. Very easy to do, and it really enhances the scenery.
    Cheers,
    Dave

If you were in St. Barth's early last week, you would have seen this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGlTbys9nqQ

The aircraft are part of the very new "The Texas Flying Legends Museum" (formerly Fighter Hangar 1 Collection) http://flyingfreedom.us/, and participated as an air show display during the St. Barth boat festivities last week....quite the epic trip over water! While they were there, they flew in and out of the nearby St. Maarten airport. More photos here: http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258268

Wow John, cool movie. That Corsair is some plane!

Maybe I should try to be there some day

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Yeah, it will be interesting if this event is repeated next year. The aircraft themselves are based in Texas, so it is quite a long journey over water to get to the island.

I forgot to add in my last post, how much of a unique coincidence it is, that I was just thinking about the warbird event over St. Barth's, and this scenery comes out. I look forward to trying it out, it looks great!

Wow the P-40 was low!..quite different than the usual venues.

Must of had to put large regos on the aircraft as they out of US airspace?

That's correct Naki - they were just temporary for this trip, due to the regulations surrounding it.

The pilot of the P-40, Warren Pietsch, is an aerobatic veteran - I watched him fly a Zero down low across the deck last year - a very, very smooth-handed pilot, and a natural stick-and-rudder guy, as they all are who participated.

And Bob Odegaard, flying the Corsair, is one of the most experienced Corsair pilots, so everything about flying it I'm sure comes natural to him.

I could also add that Doug Rozendaal, who was pilot-in-command of the B-25, is also a very high-time B-25 pilot, and one of the great spokespeople on safe operations and display of warbirds.

Even better version of the video...i.e. no music, just the sounds of the aircraft:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7pxQMcINq4

Made in France

Betty's dream !

Glad to see her again, it was one of my first PC painting subject.
    And what an epic history around the original plane !
    Free French Designer - Alain95
    North American planes addict

It's interesting looking at the skidmarks on the runway in this scenery.

Right at the end of the runway (heading towards the water) there is one great big long mark that starts to veer to the right. As though someone was carrying way too much speed and needed to stop real quick (or else they would have been swimming). New pants for all on board!

That must be him/her Naki. The way the plane veers to the right at the end matches the tire marks perfectly. The should leave those marks permanently on that runway as a reminder to other pilots.

Half way down the runway and he still hadn't touched down! Good to see no one was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post

Does anyone else have any partially submerged AI aircraft on the apron to the left of runway 10? In my installation, there are two or three aircraft partially buried in the apron cement over there. The a/c on the other side look normal. (In the picture above, all a/c look normal.) Any ideas?

thats a fun airport for the Turbine Duke
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes I also have the parked planes sunk into the ground. By the way this goes great with the PW free scenery.

This scenery is absolutely superb. Can't believe it's freeware.

Just one thing. Is there any way of slowing the road traffic down a bit or do they really drive that quickly over there?!

Mike