Korean War Straight Deck Carrier?

Thread: Korean War Straight Deck Carrier?

Korean War Straight Deck Carrier?

With the release of the Bearcat and Panther from Vertigo Studios, I have been looking for a straight deck carrier. In looking back at SOH posts, I noticed Michael Davies was working on one. Does anyone know if there is:

a. A straight deck carrier out there that can be used?
    b. Is anyone developing a WWII/Korean War straight deck carrier?

Thanks,

Kent

There are a couple straight decks here:

http://www.fs-shipyards.org/index.ph...on_view&idev=1

I think most if not all are WWII era though, not Korea.

There are some carriers in the FSX ships part of the library.

Blog Entries
    Here's what you need:

USS Leyte - Beta version, but still fantastic.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=114

2nd from top.

FSX Essex class carrier USS Leyte CV-32 Korea 1950
    <TABLE class=ldm_table_fullwidth><TBODY><TR><TD width=250 align=right>

</TD><TD class="ldm_description ldm_spacer" vAlign=center align=left>Freeware AI Essex carrier USS Leyte CV-32 for FSX Acceleration
    - by Michael Davies

Writeup and Upload completed by James D. Smith

Essex class carrier USS Leyte CV-32 Korea 1950

Beta version for freeware use only. </TD><TD class="ldm_description ldm_spacer" width="30%"><TABLE class=ldm_table_fullwidth><TBODY><TR><TD><FIELDSET class=ldm_fieldset><LEGEND> </LEGEND><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=right>Submitted by crashaz
    August 12th, 2010
    2.78 Mbytes Hits 343
    Keywords: korea fsx carrier <!--2386::nominations-->
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Enjoy!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by W. Bleddyn View Post
    There are a couple straight decks here:

http://www.fs-shipyards.org/index.ph...on_view&idev=1

I think most if not all are WWII era though, not Korea.
    Straight deck carriers were used during the entirety of the Korean War. USN carriers were retrofitted with angled decks beginning in 1955 and all carriers built in 1955 and onward were built with angled decks.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Straight deck carriers were used during the entirety of the Korean War. USN carriers were retrofitted with angled decks beginning in 1955 and all carriers built in 1955 and onward were built with angled decks.

Yeah I know, I was just saying the straight deck carriers at my link were modeled to be WWII era ships.

Thanks though.

On a related note has anyone heard anything about any SBC-27C models?
    Could swear I saw WIP shots of one many moons back but nothing since.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Attachment 33929Attachment 33928

Recently retired totally from FS and cut all ties. Swapped FS ships for real models (1:96 scale), may get back to these, but to be fair, I now find all that texturing, bump maps and limits a real drudge, antique skills in a fast moving modern world . Maybe it'll all come back one day LOL.

Best

Michael

Michael , the screens , she looks superb , your 1/96 , scratch built , i went a smaller size and simply eyeballed scale keeps ya down to easier handling scale but away from that be looking forward to see a completion on that Carrier and if not a link to your progress with the real models .
    Cheers Ian
    www.nzff.org :salute:
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Hi Michael,

Are you still working on the Aerosoft Tomcat? Do you have have FSX installed?

Cheers,
    Another Flight Simmer ;-)
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    Hi Michael,

Are you still working on the Aerosoft Tomcat? Do you have have FSX installed?

Cheers,
    Another Flight Simmer ;-)
    Hi,

Tomcat, no I'm afraid not.

FSX, just, but haven't used it in months since I left the F-14 project. I was just thinking the other day about taking it all off.... to finish cleaning up the HD, I'd already stripped out all the addons save one or two lingering memorials, The only addon left is the Aerosoft Airbus which when I get more time hope to play with properly, but my joystick is knackered and has developed a lean to port and I can't be bothered to buy a new one LOL.
    But the rest are all gone as well as all the unfinished source files, utilities, developer tools (save Max which will be used to model small parts that are sent off for 3D printing in 1:96 scale) and about 90% of all the aircraft books and internet reference material stuff I had, a big brutal clean up I'm afraid. I've left just enough core stuff so if the interest returns its not a major hassle getting something to work, but it'll be low key and not payware, that bar is far too high for my efforts/interests now.

The really sad part is, I dont miss it at all, which is a shame after 13 years and all the friendships grown and lost over the years, but thats life all over .

Thanks for asking.

Best

Michael