Great job cleaning up the default FSX aircraft

Thread: Great job cleaning up the default FSX aircraft

Great job cleaning up the default FSX aircraft

For those of you that fly any of the default FSX aircraft:

Paul Craig posted over at flightSim new files that clean up the blurry FSX default aircraft....
    Here is one link. Just search over the past several days in the FSX files in the library at FlightSim and you will find his posts. I installed all of them and am quite surprised on how the default aircraft look now...much cleaner

http://www.flightsim.com/newfiles/fsx/fsx30.htm

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Interesting that some still get blurries with the default 1024 pixel resolution textures.
    His before- after shots clearly show that he's running on something like texture_max_load=512.
    The "fix" are just the default textures saved without mipmaps.
    Setting texture_max_load to 1024 would have the same effect without the risk of getting jagged edges when zooming out.
    Mathias

Even if you set the texture_max_load to 1024, if you video card sucks or if it's not configured properly (like, anisotropic filtering not set, or filtering quality set to "performance", or stuff like that), it will not display the textures correctly.

I never ever had any blurry textures like in the "before" shot in the archive, even with my old 6800GT or my 8800GTX. Of course the situation is the same with my GTX480 now. As long as the video card is configured properly in the drivers, there should be no blurries on the planes.

you know, when I looked at those before / after screens - it looked like he had the in game global textures set at less than full in the 'before'...and the 'after' shot looked no better than what you get with the same setting on full right slider.

I thought it was a gimmick or worse...

pass
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I downloaded them all and it took awhile to copy them into the aircraft texture folders, but they are all sharper on my system they look a lot better.

My System is:

Phenom 11 945 @3.2gig on an Asus Socket M3 Mobo.

4gig 1066 Ram

2x1TB Samsung Hdd's

Asus ATI 5770 Grapic's Card.

1000 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Interesting that some still get blurries with the default 1024 pixel resolution textures.
    His before- after shots clearly show that he's running on something like texture_max_load=512.
    The "fix" are just the default textures saved without mipmaps.
    Setting texture_max_load to 1024 would have the same effect without the risk of getting jagged edges when zooming out.
    +1 I don't have any problems like his "before" shots - and my card is very dated (8800GT 512mb)
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |