Flying the Boeing B-29 Superfortress

Thread: Flying the Boeing B-29 Superfortress

Hybrid View

Flying the Boeing B-29 Superfortress

Can anyone here Explain on how to get this plane off the runway.
    What is the secret on setting the settings and so-forth.

Hi John Pirnie,
    To which Boeing B-29 Superfortress are you refering? Is it one that is set up to for use in CFS2?

I ask because some FS versions have a payload weight built into their aircraft.cfg and if you then add a CFS2 payload the whole lot ends up too heavy to fly.

Assuming you have a plane that is designed to fly in CFS2. for a heavy you need a nice long runway, some flaps extended but not fully, you need to know what speed you need to be going before you pull back
    "............................................. .. V1................................................ ................. V2................................................ . Rotate "
    Be gentle Only pull back a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by simonu View Post
    Hi John Pirnie,
    To which Boeing B-29 Superfortress are you refering? Is it one that is set up to for use in CFS2?

I ask because some FS versions have a payload weight built into their aircraft.cfg and if you then add a CFS2 payload the whole lot ends up too heavy to fly.

Assuming you have a plane that is designed to fly in CFS2. for a heavy you need a nice long runway, some flaps extended but not fully, you need to know what speed you need to be going before you pull back
    "............................................. .. V1................................................ ................. V2................................................ . Rotate "
    Be gentle Only pull back a little bit

I am trying to fly the
    Boeing B-29 Superfortress pack for CFS2

Quote Originally Posted by John Pirnie View Post
    I am trying to fly the
    Boeing B-29 Superfortress pack for CFS2

The mission I am Trying use is [B29JapanRaid]

I'm affraid I will have to defur to an expert in the field as I can only offer very general advice on flying heavy bombers.

Library Staff
    Hi John,

Ghostrider made an update for his B-29 package entitled "Ghostrider's B-29 DP and CFG v1.1". It's in the same SOH section as the package. More take-off power is provided.

Kevin