What have you Gentlemen...Grumman Trader anyone?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What have you Gentlemen...Grumman Trader anyone?

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What have you Gentlemen...Grumman Trader anyone?

I'm sure we all have a personal 'wish there was one for fs9' aircraft. Flicking through an aviation magazine the other day I came accross an article on the Grumman Trader. Having a softspot for radial engined aircraft anyway, the thought crossed my mind: how could there not be a decent model available for such a chunky, well proportioned piece of aviation. At least, apart from a very 'basic' old model, I haven't found one!
    I'll bet everyone has at least one aircraft they really wish was available for fs9. It would be interesting to hear the views of others. Maybe we might even remember one we've forgotten...if you see what I mean!
    And my shrink advises it would probably be excellent therapy for my M problem...so come on guys, what's missing in fs9?
    :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Having a softspot for radial engined aircraft anyway...
    Same here.

But my wishlist #1 clearly is this one:

I know there's a quite nice L.10 Electra done years ago, but just imagine Milton's magic applied on this gal...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

Milton's magic

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Same here.

But my wishlist #1 clearly is this one:

... just imagine Milton's magic applied on this gal...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    ...my sentiments exactly, Markus ! :ernae:

I'd also quite like an L12 junior to go with the L10.

Top of my list though would be a Vickers Warwick, followed by a Fairey Barracuda and an Avro York with VC.

ta,
    Jamie

The Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne is at the top of my list. Fixed wing, pusher-prop and a rotor. The best of both worlds I think. A long time favorite of mine.

This tops my wishlist....

I'd like to see a C-1 Trader myself.

As for the Lockheed twins, a L18 Lodestar would be more up my alley.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    I'd also quite like an L12 junior to go with the L10.

Top of my list though would be a Vickers Warwick, followed by a Fairey Barracuda and an Avro York with VC.

ta,
    Jamie
    Have to agree about the Warwick, I can't believe it's never been done, whereas the other two have (albeit without VC).

I'd also love to see the Vickers Windsor, but now we are definitely getting into more esoteric territory.
    Andy

All three Lockheeds that were mentioned are on my wish list. Lodestar, Electra and then the Junior would be my order.

Stefan

I'm sure we all have a personal 'wish there was one for fs9' aircraft. Flicking through an aviation magazine the other day I came accross an article on the Grumman Trader. Having a softspot for radial engined aircraft anyway, the thought crossed my mind: how could there not be a decent model available for such a chunky, well proportioned piece of aviation. At least, apart from a very 'basic' old model, I haven't found one!
    So I assume this is the one you already found?
    http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...3-details.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tanmann View Post
    The Lockheed AH-56 Cheyenne is at the top of my list. Fixed wing, pusher-prop and a rotor. The best of both worlds I think. A long time favorite of mine.
    I second that!

Over all I am quite happy with what is out there,but,a Cheyenne would be

I'll bet everyone has at least one aircraft they really wish was available for fs9. It would be interesting to hear the views of others. Maybe we might even remember one we've forgotten...if you see what I mean!
    And my shrink advises it would probably be excellent therapy for my M problem...so come on guys, what's missing in fs9?
    :salute:

I have done the research on teh C-1A, E-1B, and S2F-n. If I do this, it will be as an SOH project so therefore will need other SOH's to step up to the plate for panel/gauges/sounds. Not sure I will be doing this but at least the front end work is done.

As to the Lockheed whatever, it is so like the last few I have done, I would prefer to do something different. But for now, the focus will be on the Dash 7.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

C-1A Trader

Rumor has it that Milton S. is considering a Trader.

- h52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Martin P4M-1, -1Q Mercator

Here is a totally overlooked B I G round-engined airplane that lost to the P2V Neptune.
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    So I assume this is the one you already found?
    http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...3-details.html
    That was uploaded to that site without the author's permission.

Here's the file where it's supposed to be.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nfo&FileID=637
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I'm sure we all have a personal 'wish there was one for fs9...
    Mine's the humble Ultraflight Lazair:
    Attachment 32581

I likes me flying lo 'n slo! Just the thing for spectacular summer evenings and flawless fall days!

Here's vid of an attempt at a Lazair for FS2004 that a chap in the Lazair forum made, but the project seemed to have gone no farther:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/118067/1623754

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post

Take a look here Smoothie, listed as FSX but flies fine in my FS2004 also

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...&categoryId=54

Milton **MIGHT** do some Stoofs!!!!

OUTSTANDING....Absolutely amongst my favorites!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    OUTSTANDING....Absolutely amongst my favorites!

Kent
    Stoofs are great; always liked 'em. I remember a Canadian Armed Forces Tracker put on a nice, tight aerobatic display on arrival day at the Hamilton Airshow back in the early '90's and with the high humidity on that cloudy day the vortices were spiraling nicely off those clattering prop tips.

N.

Oh, and hoping to not sound too greedy, but here's another candidate for the round-engine wish list - the prop-driven version of the Percival Provost:

I would have a hard time picking a Number 1 wish list plane. Got a number that I would LOVE to have in my hangar. Lockheed L-12 Electra Junior and L-18 Lodestar. Grumman Mallard. Grumman Duck..a really nice one with a sweet VC. A Grumman G-44 Widgeon, the Ranger L440-C5 powered one, with a VC (I have Joe Binka's G-44....no VC...and the radial powered G-44A...really nice VC).

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I have done the research on teh C-1A, E-1B, and S2F-n. If I do this, it will be as an SOH project so therefore will need other SOH's to step up to the plate for panel/gauges/sounds. Not sure I will be doing this but at least the front end work is done.

As to the Lockheed whatever, it is so like the last few I have done, I would prefer to do something different. But for now, the focus will be on the Dash 7.
    :salute: For the sounds: at your service, Milton. I've already decided on new separate 'from scratch' sounds for the A-26 and F7F anyway, and this aircraft would be extra incentive. Still not satisfied with the existing ones! I've found some nice start-up and taxi sounds and think I'll put up a new thread encouraging members to take full advantage of the oncoming airshow season.

Quote Originally Posted by norab View Post
    Take a look here Smoothie, listed as FSX but flies fine in my FS2004 also

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...&categoryId=54
    gonna give that a whirl around Amouliani, perfect plane for checking a few things out at my seaport in progress

Blog Entries

orchard pruning season...

gonna give that a whirl around Amouliani, perfect plane for checking a few things out at my seaport in progress
    :salute: ...love a copy when you have Amouliani finished. Watch your back though Smoothie, its pretty busy now since YOU did the rearranging of HAF flightpans! F4's F-16;s Canadair cl415's...you name it!

They've all been lending a hand pruning my fruit trees lately and from what I've heard, if Tom Clayton joins us up here, we'll have a supply of free firewood to keep warm...its damned nippy weather round here lately so come on Tom give Amouliani a try!

:salute: ...love a copy when you have Amouliani finished. Watch your back though Smoothie, its pretty busy now since YOU did the rearranging of HAF flightpans! F4's F-16;s Canadair cl415's...you name it!
    i will buddy i'll put it up here for everyone to try, and me? re-arranging HAF flightplans? nah i just offered a suggestion to a buddy

back on track, gotta agree a Trader would be good, and so would a Tracer... if Milton did make it a team effort (please do Milton, i'm free for texturing!) i'd make sure i did a HAF one, fictionally of course...

all this HAF talks got me looking at property around Larisa again... only time i'll see Mother (H)ellas this year is when i go on holiday to Kos to see family... unless.... *starts scheming*

SOH-CM-2024

It says FSX, but it does absolutely fine in FS9 as well.

FSX: http://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-17789.html