Software?

Thread: Software?

Chesaning-The middle of the Mitten. Go Blue.

Software?

As I am getting frustrated not finding some objects and buildings I need for missions, I am wondering about building some of them. However I do not know what software is needed,and if there are any tutorials out there.Any one have any ideas?

Blondi:cost1:

Blondi,

Been trying to learn the process of making simple objects, myself. Had some success with FSDS_v2 object modeling, and a utility called CFS2_Library_Maker [off hand, can't remember where I DL'd it]. You will also need the most recent SCASM version, and DPedit_110 [as all CFS2 objects need a DP]. As I'm a complete newb at it, I have probably left something out. Took me allot of head banging to get my first object to show up in MB, but with some trial and allot of error, I did manage to finally pull it off. Not sure if you can use GMax for an FSDS substitute. What kind of objects are you looking for?

AER_DaddyO

Quote Originally Posted by AER_DaddyO View Post
    Blondi,

Been trying to learn the process of making simple objects, myself. Had some success with FSDS_v2 object modeling, and a utility called CFS2_Library_Maker [off hand, can't remember where I DL'd it]. You will also need the most recent SCASM version, and DPedit_110 [as all CFS2 objects need a DP]. As I'm a complete newb at it, I have probably left something out. Took me allot of head banging to get my first object to show up in MB, but with some trial and allot of error, I did manage to finally pull it off. Not sure if you can use GMax for an FSDS substitute. What kind of objects are you looking for?

AER_DaddyO
    Buildings like Castles. My recent search for some did not pan out. Can't get FS2004 Castles to show up.Also some odd things like wrecked aircraft and buildings for placing around the airfield. Horses,cows,lots of stuff you just don't find when you want them.Thank you for your input. I shall look for the programs you suggested.

Blondi

Oi, you've just reminded me Blondi. William Renwick sent me a set of British catedrals and Windsor Castle earlier this year:isadizzy:. I'll work out the coordinates for each of them and upload the package.

Oh yes....cfs2_Library_Maker was produced by Lindsay Watt (Leroy10).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Oi, you've just reminded me Blondi. William Renwick sent me a set of British catedrals and Windsor Castle earlier this year:isadizzy:. I'll work out the coordinates for each of them and upload the package.

THANK YOU very much Micheal. Where is a good place to get Lindsay's Library_maker? How's the weather down there? Must be summer. Ive got about 6 inches of snow aroud here.

BLONDI:cost1:

Blondi

Not sure if this will help you out much or not, but I came across some API based Castles on either Flightsim.com or SImviation.com. CFS2, FS2000 or both. Will do some digging and see if I can rustle up some links for you.

OBIO

Hi Blondi,
    Lindsay's (Leroy10's) Library maker is right here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...adName=leroy10
    Yep, lots of balmy sea breezes here right now, although the weather has been strange lately, with VERY late snowfalls on the Australian Alps (south of Canberra) and lots of thunderstorms up and down the coast.
    Enjoy the snow!
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Hi Blondi,
    Lindsay's (Leroy10's) Library maker is right here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...adName=leroy10
    Yep, lots of balmy sea breezes here right now, although the weather has been strange lately, with VERY late snowfalls on the Australian Alps (south of Canberra) and lots of thunderstorms up and down the coast.
    Enjoy the snow!
    Michael
    I went and got it Micheal.Thank you. Our weather is differant too. We don't usually have this much snow and real cold weather at the begining of December. Lots of times we barely have any snow for Christmas.Enjoy those balmy breezes. have a good one. Blondi:cost1:

Ack.......snow this early...colder weather ? Global Warming (or new mini-Ice Age)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    Ack.......snow this early...colder weather ? Global Warming (or new mini-Ice Age)?
    Looks like an ice age to me. Its suposed to be 16 degrees tomorow morning and a wind chill of 1 degree.Sure looks like my plans for a sun tan are messed up for a while.:costumes:

Blondi:cost1: