MAW Problem

Thread: MAW Problem

MAW Problem

In MAW I built a mission and am using some spawns that I built myself. The spawns work and enemy aircraft show up, are displayed as enemy on my tac display, and freely attack myself and my wingmen. However, my wingmen refuse to obey orders to attack the enemy aircraft. When I select the very same aircraft in another mission they do obey attack orders. Is there something that I programmed into the mission that prevents them from recognizing the enemy?

did you specify a loadout?

If the loadout isn't suitable for the mission goal or type, your wingmen just refuse to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    did you specify a loadout?

If the loadout isn't suitable for the mission goal or type, your wingmen just refuse to do the job.
    I am using Gladiators with Clean loadout, the only one available. But you are right, they are reacting like you described. Like they don't think that they have guns.

It looks like I solved this one. By changing the nationality of the facility the spawn was connected to from "Italy" to "Germany" the wingmen now recognize the othewise Italian spawns as enemy and attack when ordered.
    Thanks for the reply, though.

very strange, I never had this type of problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

It looks like I had it wrong. I had changed the nationality like I said and the mission ran fine. Once. Then the same problem started up again. However, intermittently it runs fine and the wingmen will obey orders to attack (perhaps 1 out of 10 times).
    I think that there is some kind of bug in the mission file. I took another previously built mission file and modified it with the same aircraft and spawns as the one giving me problems and it works fine every time.
    So, problem solved. But strange nonetheless.

Are you running MAW in No Spawn mode? There is an issue with it, some spawns don't work properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

I don't think the issue was with the spawns themselves since they work perfectly in other missions.
    There seemed to be something in this one mission file that usually (not always) made the wingmen think that they did not have weapons or that the enemy aircraft were friendlies.

Simple spawns always work in MAW but more complicated don't (those who call for more than one xml script per entry or with probabilities below 100% for exemple).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Have you set up a frontline in the mission?
    Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

Yes, there is a front line.
    I literally recreated the entire mission using the same aircraft, spawns, waypoints, front line points, etc. in another mission file and the spawns work perfectly as do wingman orders.
    I can see no difference between the mission that works correctly and the one that does not.
    I'm thinking that this was a one-time oddity.

It is possible.

Sometimes, when I build missions, I have also sometimes a strange bug but not this one.
    I build the mission with Mission builder and PSPad. What happen sometimes is that mission don't load in CFS3. It is not a missing facility, vehicule or whatever.

I once found it was an aircraft formation. I simply removed it, saced the mission and placed it again with mission builder... and it was working again!! I checked the difference between old one and new one without findind anything...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/