First of all, many thanks to the mods for their timely help!

I just recently installed cfs 3 after a long absence in playing. The game installed perfectly, I played it for a bit and shut it down. Two days later I went to play and I received a message stating my configuration override file was missing or corrupt and have not been able to play since.

In the last couple of days this is what I have done to try to fix the problem:

1. uninstalled newest drivers and rolled them back to a previous version - didn't help.
2. uninstalled my anti-virus software - didn't help.
3. installed the game on a second computer that I have in another room. game works perfectly on that computer. I copied all the configuration files from the working copy and pasted them into the application data folder, where I noticed they were missing on my computer, and instead of it saying the file was corrupt, it said the file was out of date. I updated the game to 3.1 and again I got the corrupted file message.

I am at my wits end! Can anyone help? I'm pretty sure its a graphic issue, but can't figure out how to fix it on my rig. My rig is running windows xp with a Nvidia 9800 GT card. the rig the game worked on is running windows xp with an Nvidia 8400 GT card. It is very inconvenient to have to switch computers to play because the other one is my wife's!

It's really driving me nuts because on first installation it worked perfectly on my rig!