Will the development of "weapons packs" in FSX attract the riff-raff? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the development of "weapons packs" in FSX attract the riff-raff?

Videre Vincere Est

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by tracyq144 View Post
    Well, at least you got it, I was trying to be a bit funny. I'll probably be banned for saying this, but this is a very stuffy site, IMHO. Lots of good info, which I like, but man, what a tough crowd!
    The crowd here at SOH is varied and just fine. It is indeed funny you express your "please, no guns" opinion here. Have you noticed the logo just above the button named "Home", up in the left corner of your screen? It is nice i can fly a nicely build vintage bird in FSX, but it is also nice i now can shoot stuff in free flight if i want (as Piglet so nicely put to words).

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Videre Vincere Est

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by thisizma View Post
    It would be cool to down a 747 with a Sopwith Camel!
    Like some American politician said...."Yes we can!" :salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Videre Vincere Est

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Make love not war!
    Nice picture. But i prefer "Make love, then war" better :ernae:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

I like the original post.

It is funny indeed, but also emphasizes the strength of FS(X) in that it is so many things to so many people.

I've been using FS since Bruce Artwick's days, and others even before that, and still love it. But I also have owned and used just about every combat sim that has been devised in that same time period, and still enjoy some of them.

I own a Mercedes Van, and cannot afford a Porsche or a Ferrari, nor would my old racing drivers reflexes from 35 years ago still suffice for them.
    But on a PC I can have EVERYTHING when I want it and where I want it.

I just love sims, with and without weapons.
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

It's worth knowing that the SOH started life as as a combat sim site. FS forums were added later when I was asked to moderate the first one back in 2001. Most of my screen shots at the time were of Cfs2 aircraft ported to Fs2002 so the history is that a lot of the original combat sims membership gave Fs a try especially as with 2002 there were reflective oceans, lakes and rivers. Who can blame them for wanting the eye candy missing in Cfs1 & 2 to enhance their combat. Cfs3 came but didn't satisfy everyone who enjoyed combat sims and with the advent of FsX with combat add-ons it looks like the most satisfying option...great eye candy...with destroyable targets!
    I saw the thread starter post and took it as a tongue-in-cheek so I'm pleased to see the replies have mostly been in that vein:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Just make the systems true to life, especially in the way you must arm, lock, fire, etc. If you cant takeoff, squeeze the trigger and destroy whatever catches your eye, those who are only interested in destruction will soon lose interest. And include gun jams,failed seperations and other dangers to baffel and/or destroy the unwitting harbinger of death.

Well, the next time the N. Koreans try to down an ec121, will they be in for a surprise when we fire first!!
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Hey, it's a simulated world, but it's MY simulated world.

I create it when I boot up my system.

Keep your hands off my world!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by blazefox2 View Post
    lol the poor camel would be torn apart in the jetwash
    but the camel could take off on the grass next to the taxi way or even in a 747 parking bay and fly around for a good 30 mins before the 747 even started the engines, then strafe the big buss whilst it taxis to the runway (provideing theres no traffic which makes it hold position) .. in other words .. the 747 wouldnt stand a chance!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Call Me Riff Raff, been making these things things go boom , tweaking and redoing the effects and giving it another go for over a month of testing and production now and i am getting to like tracking targets , the issue i have is going after innocent AI , need to produce a "PC" target drone so i feel less guilty..

Beat the swords into plowshares baby... but until then it will take all forms of weapons podded on the best US military aircraft availible for temporary peace of some sort everywhere worldwide baby

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    but the camel could take off on the grass next to the taxi way or even in a 747 parking bay and fly around for a good 30 mins before the 747 even started the engines, then strafe the big buss whilst it taxis to the runway (provideing theres no traffic which makes it hold position) .. in other words .. the 747 wouldnt stand a chance!
    Yes... THAT'S WHAT I MEANT! Well.............kind of.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    Call Me Riff Raff, been making these things things go boom , tweaking and redoing the effects and giving it another go for over a month of testing and production now and i am getting to like tracking targets , the issue i have is going after innocent AI , need to produce a "PC" target drone so i feel less guilty..

Hmmm...maybe a V1 Doodlebug? :d
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Genius Idea, i am sure you will see that one show up.

Who's this Riff and Raff? Are they brothers?

If they are anything like the Dooley brothers I went to school with it'd best not to let them in the cockpit period!!!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    Hmmm...maybe a V1 Doodlebug? :d
    Only if you get the sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by noshadez View Post
    Beat the swords into plowshares baby... but until then it will take all forms of weapons podded on the best US military aircraft availible for temporary peace of some sort everywhere worldwide baby
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who didn't!
    Thomas Jefferson..
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by W. Bleddyn View Post
    I hate it when I am having a nice, peaceful flight and it is destroyed by that kind of riff raff... makes me wish I could just shoot them down
    Like I did LOL. Seriosly I like what Francois said - "it is so many things to so many people". So enjoy what is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    Why wait for him to start the engines? Just empty your guns into the cockpit
    and be done with it. Occupied or not, he ain't going anywhere after that.
    Then go do some nice peaceful barn storming.
    :ernae: