Lockheed T-33 shots
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed T-33 shots

Lockheed T-33 shots

I'll post previews in this tread, and i'll announce here when i upload the textures. I thought i would release some earlier but the more i study the pictures if the real thing, more details appears:

Stay tuned

Wow! Totally fantastic looking T-33

Matt

Thanks Henry, glad to see 80576. I think the T-33 served a 2nd duty for 2 decades as an "aggressor" entering Norh American air space which gave radar systems plenty of practice as well as interceptor pilots. These T-33 jets were eventually retired in the late 1980s if I recall properly. Their flights and duties were seldom known at the time except to radar stations on the ground, in the air, or the pilots of interceptors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Blog Entries
    Awesome Henry!

The stenciling detail is superb - looking better and better!

dl

ooh, that looks great! This is piglets model?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks! Yes it is Tims model upgraded to FSX standards by Bill Stephens and a remarkable paintkit by Ed Wells, you should try a Dutch one.

I tried to upload the above repaint but the upload page keep saying "expiring". Oh well, i try tomorrow. Anyway here is the next one in line:

ok

I'll be checking for paints, thanks.
    It seems the T-33 is still useful............
    "In 2010, a T-33 Shooting Star owned by Boeing was used as a chase aircraft during the maiden flight of the Boeing 787[2] and Boeing 747-8>"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockhee..._Shooting_Star
    So I guess there must be a flying T-bird at Boeing, with a proper paint, perhaps.
    http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boein...liner/1626144/

Now, I think Boeing has two T-birds. A google search even shows photos. Looks like Boeing tried mods for the T-bird as well.

Anyway the quite old "cast iron" T-bird seems very useful after so many years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Henry,
    You've done a masterful job with the repaints. . .real works of art. The combined talents have really given Tim's T-Bird new life. . .well done to everyone.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Henry,
    You've done a masterful job with the repaints. . .real works of art. The combined talents have really given Tim's T-Bird new life. . .well done to everyone.:salute:
    Well Ed, you did a darn good work with the master textures, must have been a really painstaking work with all those rivets and lines, a really work of patience and love. First class quality work!

Lockheed T-33 Shots

HenryW. Great paints. WoW.

I have been looking at the air file and will post up an update tomorrow for those that want it. I think that it is a little more accurate. At least all of the instruments now properly behave.

Regards

Radioman123

This is the aircraft that keeps on giving. I can't believe the beauty of these repaints. Great work Ed and Henry!

As for the FDE, I really like the TV-2.air file that was developed for the T-33 a while back. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it is the most comfortable air file I've ever used. It is a thing of mystery and beauty -- to be able to fly formation for 2 hours doing loops and rolls and wingovers with my leader -- not a word spoken between us. That is an amazing air file, something we've only been able to do in this T-33.

Our last flight in the T-bird reminded me of something Jim Salter wrote:

"In formation with Minish one day, coming back from a mission, I on his wing -- without a word he pulled up and did an Immelmann, I as close as you can get, then another, then some loops and rolls, two or three away from me, all in hot silence, I had not budged a foot. The two of us together, not a word exchanged, like secret lovers in some apartment on a burning afternoon."

I assume that this was in F-100s, but Minish and Salter were also in the squadron when they flew F-86s - before the 22nd transitioned to the Super Sabre. It would be great to have an F-100 flight dynamic as beautiful as this T-33 one... but that is another post.

Minish was my father's flight lead for 6 months in the squadron... I'll have to ask him if he ever experienced the same treatment that Salter got.

It's 4:30 and I am rambling...... Thank you again everyone for making this beautiful aircraft. 1950s Jets Forever!!!!:salute::salute::salute:

do we have a link to the update and paintkit?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The update and what looks likesome of these skins are in the Warbird Library here!

The USAF, RDAF and a Pakistani airforce T-33 have been uploaded. Next in line:

WOW! :salute: Just Beautiful Work Henry

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Fantastic Henry, I'm downloading as soon as they're available!

Any Dutch T-33's in the works..?

A regular KLu T-33:

one from the 32nd at Soesterberg:

or maybe a Whisky-4 demo paint?

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Henry your paints have always been so awesome and these are no exception. I've always said that an artisit can always bring out the best in any aircraft that is made for FS. Ed did an awesome job with his paint kit also.

Please keep these paints coming along....how about a couple ANG birds, and ADC aircraft?

:ernae:

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Lockheed T-33 Shots and revised air files

I just post a revised air and conf file to SOH

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=34&id=3645

I fixed the oil pressure and fuel pressure instruments to they operate correctly, I also tweaked the engine parameters to get closer to pilot reports of the T-33 performance. Any feedback from T-33 pilots, past and present would be appreciated.

Radioman123

Hi Henry

Congratulations on your great set of repaints. I have actually thought of uploading my own RDAF repaint of DT-404 that was used by the station flight at the former Vaerlose Airbase:

But as you can see, the repaint seems much too shiny on this version of the model, and I have never quite understood the inner workings of FSX textures. I mean both the visible texture + alpha channel AND the specular texture with its own alpha channel. So I guess that this bird just stays here on my own computer...

Best regards

Kim Dahl

Loving the RCAF/ CAF birds, simply beautiful! Found some other cool schemes online...

CAF Standard: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canad...ver/1815242/M/

Interior: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Canad...f8e3690bd42eb1

Private (Ex-CAF) - http://www.airliners.net/photo/Jet-A...f8e3690bd42eb1

CAF special Scheme - http://www.airteamimages.com/big44754.html (trying to find some other angels for this beauty)

Henry...

....those are AWESOME!

Kent