Learning, slowly learning

Thread: Learning, slowly learning

Learning, slowly learning

I just used AirEd for the first time. I finally got to see more than that alien writing. If it were not for PomBee, I'd still be slapping at the keyboard and swearing. Thanks, bud. :salute:

I was able to change the amount of fuel in my P-40's centre tank. I can see there is a whole lot more a fella can do with this tool. I'd like to thank William Roth for creating this. Hope he's still around. :salute:

A big "thanks" to all who have created tools for us to use. Amazing stuff!:salute:

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by mariereid View Post
    I just used AirEd for the first time. I finally got to see more than that alien writing. If it were not for PomBee, I'd still be slapping at the keyboard and swearing. Thanks, bud. :salute:

I was able to change the amount of fuel in my P-40's centre tank. I can see there is a whole lot more a fella can do with this tool. I'd like to thank William Roth for creating this. Hope he's still around. :salute:

A big "thanks" to all who have created tools for us to use. Amazing stuff!:salute:
    Hi Mariereid!

Yes, AirEd is a great tool. I was able to improve the behaviour of many addons with it, but when I first saw an airfile open, I felt as if I were sitting in front of a pc for the first time. A steep learning curve indeed!

If you need any help with AirEd, just holler for Bearcat241 as well. He's a true gold mine of knowledge when it comes to the innermost secrets of CFS2. He helped me a great deal with it, I owe him a good 90% of all I know about flight models and airfiles in CFS2.

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Icon5

Anybody for some fried brains?....LOL

You're welcome Stef :salute:

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

I sometimes wonder what's happened to some of the older designers out there. I know some changed platforms (CFS 3, FS, etc), others went payware but some... seem to have just dropped off the face of the planet all together.

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Reply...

Mariereid,

It's good to hear, progress is progress! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

When you are fairly new to this world, there seems to be no reason to do anything but download and install all the great add ons. At first even that was an impossible task! I did not even dare to try installing all the ETO, MTO, etc., until about 6 months ago. I still have those installs somewhere, but I really prefer the jungle feel of the PTO. I did do something wrong with those installs as the MB, QC, and free flight stopped working, but Rami's campaigns all worked fine.

I tried a bit of scenery creation. I was able to put a strip on some flat tiny island. After that it got real hard. But by gosh, I was able to take off and land on that bare bones strip! I will try to build a base, but for now it's on hold. I already had a great respect for anyone who could do this, even more now.

Next up, I was gonna become a great "skinner". *#*# that PSP! Even after being told how to use it, still, it's a mysterious, hateful thing. I was able to put a hot pink Beau into the sim. I must be headed in the right direction. Boy, do I have respect for these guys!

At the moment, I am building missions. Nothing like the productions you can download here, but thanks to Cody C's MB handbook and a couple of great MB builders, I'm starting to get the hang of it. These guys too, deserve a lot of respect.

If you're a rookie like me, you could be very happy with all the great add ons, but sooner or later you will want to try to do what the "pros" do. I guess ya just gotta go for it. The great thing is the pros are willing to help you.

Thanks so much to all of you who have added so much to our sim. I better thank good old Dirty. I'm sure my computers would be totally useless by now without his help.

Boy, that was long winded! :salute::salute::salute::ernae:

Okay grasshopper, don't try to do too much at once. A jack-of-all-trades is a master of none. Pick one or two and sharpen your skills... then think about moving on. :salute:
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hee, hee, I spend most of my time with the MB. But, my P-40's were able to fly any distance. I decided to test them in a long flight. Well, after flying 5800 miles and still lots of fuel left, I thought I better have a look at them. They are great now. I still think warping is having a small effect on fuel.

I'm doing the "Col. G.B. Tour of '44" now. It's a bunch of crazy Canuks using your bases, trying to clear the enemy out of the badlands of PNG. What!? It coulda happened!! :salute::ernae:

I better thank good old Dirty. I'm sure my computers would be totally useless by now without his help.
    Give yourself some credit Rick ... after all yer a real phart smeller ... OH CRAP I MEAN: smart feller!

Grasshopper: when you can snatch the beer from my hand ... it will be time for you to leave...

.... Attachment 31579
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman View Post
    Give yourself some credit Rick ... after all yer a real phart smeller ... OH CRAP I MEAN: smart feller!
    Please excuse Dirty. His mistake is expected due to the fact that he used to work as a phart smeller at a beanery near an Old Mexico chili cannery. The specifics of the job are way to complex for you guys to grasp. . . or even want to grasp.

Snatch a beer from YOUR hand!? It would be less dangerous trying to take food from a polar bear!:salute::ernae:

"Please excuse Dirty"...........how many times have I heard that?

Quote Originally Posted by erufle View Post
    Please excuse Dirty. His mistake is expected due to the fact that he used to work as a phart smeller at a beanery near an Old Mexico chili cannery. The specifics of the job are way to complex for you guys to grasp. . . or even want to grasp.

Cees