Douglas DC-2 box set available!

Thread: Douglas DC-2 box set available!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Douglas DC-2 box set available!

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=F1E-DC2-001

There's been contact with Flight1 about this boxset for some time, but things really got rolling last FS Weekend when the F1 UK branch visited our stand for a chat. They tested the aircraft (On my computer!) and were honestly impressed by what they saw.

The box contains both FsX and Fs9 models, a lot of liveries and a printed manual. Of course a part of the money still goes to the upkeep of the real DC-2!

It's great for the entire team to finally see this release, but it's of course a very special moment for Rob Cappers (Robcap) who has been the driving force behind this project! He made his first Uiver for Fs2000 IIRC and now eleven years and countless hours of sweating behind Gmax it all comes together in this great boxset. Here's to you Rob! :ernae:
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

That's good news to me. :-)

Will grab the box to go along with the download. Worthy project... & one whole lot of fun flying this procedurally correct beauty.

Congrats, Rob & crew!

*edit*- Man, have just been to the team's website: http://home.hccnet.nl/r.cappers/dc2/purchaseFSX.html & am able to still purchase her via download for $22... yet
    in the box through Flight1 is nearly double that @ $40!? :-/ On 2nd thought, fellas, will just make my donations directly.
    Am never minding an extra 4 or 5 clams to get an addon burned to disc, but this is rather excessive in this circumstance, is it not?

Yes, am realizing that both sim models are included, extra liveries & a paper manual & stuff is included in the box, but am simply under sticker shock at the moment, I suppose. Certainly not to take away from the fine work. Just a touch disappointed. If I'm missing something(s) here in this then go ahead & wise me up, guys. I genuinely & deeply have appreciated this addon for a long while as well as believe in the project.

​.

Boxcar, the box contains both the FsX version and the Fs9 version, which are $42 for both.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks Ferry,

but we still must wait a little bit before it's really available. At the moment it's only the site that's available.

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Yes, that much is clear to me, Ferry, thanks (was editing my post as you were responding). Am honestly not wanting both sim models, not needed. As my subsequent edit above indicates, will just make my donations & support directly. Had already downloaded the FSX package for a 2nd time about a week ago though headed out of town before I could get her paid for. There are a lot of addons I've purchased more than once & this will be no exception. Worth every blessed cent, when it comes down to it. It's just a personal choice to me, I suppose. Wishing Rob & team all the best with this though, really.

​.

Well of course the boxset is also aimed at those that do not buy online (Whether they can't, won't or do not even know it exsists.) and I hope it will be distributed through other resellers as well.

Feedback appreciated, guy, thank you.

As said, all the best to the team in this new opportunity. :-) Hopefully it will be quite successful for all concerned.

​.

Hi all,

A boxed version is more expensive then a download (obviously); it needs a lot of pre-producing (book, inlay, etc.) then it needs printing, burning of disks, packaging, shipment to stores (or to the customer).
    To get enough attention, it needs a fair bit of advertising, etc. This all costs money, and has to be payed for.
    Then again, our download is rediculously cheap (which I hear a lot, so I'll probably raise the price a bit ), especially now we have the 3D gauges in the final package.

I'm indeed mighty proud Flight1 committed itself to making a boxed version of the product. The crown on our work.
    Ofcourse our (the museums) profit on a boxed version is not as high as on the download version. But it will hopefully give us some more visibility, and probably more downloads as well.

All the best,

Cheers, Rob:ernae:
    No DC3 without the DC2

I have just seen that Flight1 has the box now in stock

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Outstanding captures as always, Nick. :-)

Few things relieve & ventilate one's mind like making a decision. Have just purchased the boxed edition through Flight1. It'll be nice to have the printed manual as well as this milestone for an aircraft project that I & many others appreciate so much.

The way I like to fly, @ magnification 1.5x.

Trying to fly her before reading the manual, heh!

They can even help to make Christmas cards (question: Am I early or late? answer: Yes)

Thanks, Rob & crew. Will also go through the purchase process of the download when getting back home. It will make my 3rd of this FS classic, not the first time doing so for a FS addon that I've chosen to support... nor will it likely be the last.

Best to you all in this worthy project, Rob. A huge labor of love, it is.

​.

Hi,

I've just seen that the Douglas DC-2X box is on sale at the FlightSim Pilot Shop ($10 off)

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Congrats! Excellent work!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Go get it
    No DC3 without the DC2