I found a REAL Hawker Hurricane!!!!!!

Thread: I found a REAL Hawker Hurricane!!!!!!

Crashwoody1

I found a REAL Hawker Hurricane!!!!!!

HEY!
    I went to the local Calgary aviation museum at the Calgary international airport here and learned that the dude that donated alot of the stuff there still has a private colection!! The guys running the joint gave my numer to the fella and he called me today!!!!!!!!!
    In his collection he has a origional RCAF Hawker Hurricane that never seen any action! Its perfect just like new, he told me to come out any time an dget as much information and pictures of it as i want!

It must be one of the very last MK1's around! It was used as a trainer dureing the war, it never seen one hour of real combat.

So needless to say there is going to come from me one perfect hurricane.

Pretty crazy the owner told me it runs perfectly and has never been restored. It last flew 15 years ago, then it was pushed into the hangar and there it sits.

I cant wait to go and see it.

Tom/Crashwoody

DauntlessDriver546
    WOW!!! LOTS OF PICTURES, BUDDY!!! THAT'S AMAZING!! I thought those kind of stories were LOOOOOOOOOONG gone! But apparently not! Have fun!

I can't wait to see these. Rock on! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Exclamation Long Story Short...

Crash ~ a favor, plz;

As long as this fellow is willing to let you at his collection, take as many DETAILED DIGITAL PHOTOS of panels and [if possible] 360* images from inside the cockpit as possible, please.

The outside of a plane is always photogenic... but panel makers like Obio
    and detail freaks like myself can ALWAYS use a good source of factual images that aren't 50 years old or older !

TIA
    SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

smoores
    lucky:friday:

Crashwoody1
    thats my plan to get my hawker as close to real as possible with this fellows help, he is agreeable but i have to donate money to the museum to help keep up the stuff he has, I was told that he has some very interesting things in there, and a cessna from the 1940's that was desinged for the military, a dual engine one, kinda like a beech 18.. i really want to see that one too, that has to one hell of a rare bird. He has some weird stuff in there I hear. He is a real collector. Im just excited to be let in there and see those 2 planes... so to do this plane just right im going to really take my time on it and get it as perfect as i can, I will of course INCLUDE every picture i have in the docs too, so that will come with the download package. Im thinking of makeing the plane for fs9 and cfs2, and I was told the other day of a little trick kto get clickable vc's in cfs2 with weather effects too, so i will research that. It will be a huge polie project but i learned the other day of a technique to cut the texture resources way down and some other little tricks with guage files and sounds to speed it up a lot, learned of a few tricks that i will master to make it run as good as I can and yet preserve the historicle correctness of this one.

I will anounce to you when the project is ready for beta testors and get a few of you guys to help me on this one, i need you good guys to hold me up on this one.
    Its gonna be sweet!

Tom/Crashwoody

Tom/Crashwoody

hewman100
    Any info on this bird would be greatly appreciated Tom, I am a bit of a Hurri nut.

Russell Group Aviation--phone 905-295-2777
    Fax-905-295-7303--
    Email-------pilots@russellgroupaviation.com------

Addy --12761 Sodom Rd
    Niagara Falls,ON.
    L2E-6S6
    Canada

www.russellgroupaviation.com -------

Have a flying Mk-Vb Spitfire --- and from the mechanic that works their a Hawker Hurricane being rebuilt ------
    Sarg