PAC Cresco by Deane Baunton at AvSim
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAC Cresco by Deane Baunton at AvSim

PAC Cresco by Deane Baunton at AvSim

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#aaccee align=center><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=left>Category: Flight Simulator X - Original Aircraft </TD></TR><TR><TD width=* align=left>New! Pacific Aerospace Corporation Cresco </TD><TD noWrap align=right><!-- --> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Images related to this file:

<TABLE border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD width=*>File Description:
    The Cresco was designed as a turboprop powered aerial topdressing aircaft, for operations in New Zealand. It is based on the FU24 Fletcher. Package includes fully animated and detailed virtual cockpit,topdressing effects and paint schemes for Rangitikei Air Services, Wanganui Aero Work Central South Island Helicopters, Farmers Air, Griffin Ag Air and Taumarunui Aerial Co-op.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 width="50%" bgColor=#aaccee align=center><TBODY><TR><TD width="25%">Filename:</TD><TD width="75%">cresco.zip</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">License:</TD><TD width="75%">Freeware, limited distribution</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Added:</TD><TD width="75%">1st February 2011</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Downloads:</TD><TD width="75%">249</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Author:</TD><TD width="75%">Deane Baunton</TD></TR><TR><TD width="25%">Size:</TD><TD width="75%">53778kb</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Cheers,
    Dave

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up on these weird but wonderful aircraft, Dave!
    Deane has done some incredible work modelling these birds; they're at least payware qualilty IMHO!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Videre Vincere Est

Wow, great looking bird!
    Thanks for the H/U, Dave!
    And thanks for the great screenshots, Ferry (to be honest, these screenies really made me aware of what a piece of eyecandy i allmost missed!).

:ernae:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    With 70 views and no replies I figured this thread could do with a bump and some screenshots, Warrant!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I've had it on my hard drive for few months now as I was a late Beta tester

It is a very nice piece of freeware...actually one of the best freeware out there IMV....I look forward to what Deane has next up his sleeve.

Videre Vincere Est
    Don't know if anyone else has some performance issues with this aircraft:
    - when engine runs idle or is off the aircraft vibrates when in DVC view, and when in external view the aircraft seems to rotate around it's axis (with or without parking brakes applied).
    The aircraft sure looks like payware, what a piece of art!

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

I've had that problem with all Deanes models (The Fletchers and Crescos) but you get use to it.

Great heads up Dave:ernae: native FsX mdl!

Deserves a stickie...

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Brilliant, many thanks for the HU.

Working fine for me.

These have always been a favorite of mine in FS9. It's nice to see them make their way in FSX :ernae:

tremendous freeware - highly recommend adding it on
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I

Awesome thank you, I shamelessly copied your post to my own forums but I was wondering how did you get that AVSIM page to show in bbcode rather than html ?
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JayKae View Post
    Awesome thank you, I shamelessly copied your post to my own forums but I was wondering how did you get that AVSIM page to show in bbcode rather than html ?
    Don't know specifically, but I highlighted the download link in IE. Ctrl+c (copy) then Ctrl+v (paste) into this post.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    Don't know specifically, but I highlighted the download link in IE. Ctrl+c (copy) then Ctrl+v (paste) into this post.
    Hmm ok then, I just tried and it and it doesn't work, anyway thanks, sorry for the OT.

Just flew her for a little while and she is awesome !
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    These have always been a favorite of mine in FS9. It's nice to see them make their way in FSX :ernae:
    The earlier PAC/Aerospace aircraft for FS9 & FSX were the piston Fletcher and the turboprop conversion of it - this is the bigger and largely redesigned cousin the PAC Cresco (which has now grown into the PAC-750XL)..the model is basically all new as well.

I spent a bit of time flying this one last night. It's been a while and I rekindled an old friendship. The flight dynamics are nice for a semi-gullwing. Landings predictable in a nose high stance are smooth.
    ....I revisited the throttle controls while in the pit and realized this was the plane that had reverse pitch built in. I remember setting the reverse pitch into the Saitek x52 throttle on a few planes in the past but, I'll be dang if I can't remember how I did it so it actually worked as intended, though I know I didn't do it through FSUIPC. I'm stumped. I don't think I did it through the profiler. I never use that anymore.

Does anyone know how to set reverse thrust via the X52 and the settings in FSX only?

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Does anyone know how to set reverse thrust via the X52 and the settings in FSX only?
    Simple! Assign a button to F2. I use the 'clutch' button ('I') on the throttle but I assign it using the profile software and have the 'clutch' function disabled in the Windows joystick configuration panel. By doing that it works like a regular button instead of showing you in the display what each button does.
    Larry

Not sure if there's a paint kit but would anyone be able to paint this version for me?

I saw it in Duluth on its way to Oshkosh in 2009...

I have a few more pics if needed.

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Simple! Assign a button to F2. I use the 'clutch' button ('I') on the throttle but I assign it using the profile software and have the 'clutch' function disabled in the Windows joystick configuration panel. By doing that it works like a regular button instead of showing you in the display what each button does.
    I used the mouse button on the throttle. It works nicely!.
    ...Thanks Larry

That VC looks great downloading now!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

What a Great Little Freeware

Thank You :salute:

This Airplane is a lot of Fun to Fly! Great Work!
    Couldn´t believe that this Airplane has Reverse Thrust!
    Attachment 30542Attachment 30543Attachment 30544Attachment 30545

That reverse thrust makes this one even better. I been flying the heck out of it doing take-off-and-lands

Bumping this thread a little. Could'nt resist after coming across this video on You Tube.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cXGh2MotU-A?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Nice vid...the Orbx scenery would pass as a NZ farm strip, although many are perched on hill tops and ridges. Strictly speaking its dusting not spraying.