New Airwolf from FlightSim

Thread: New Airwolf from FlightSim

New Airwolf from FlightSim

I downloaded the new Airwolf from FlightSim and turns out it's only a demo which they didn't tell you so I just got the one helicopter and thats all , no other choppers or scenery. Ok I understand that but the sound file is just of a standard heicopter sound ,not the Airwolf howl and rotor sounds of the oridinal.
    I have two other older versions of Airwolf with the correct sounds ,so I thought if I just swapped the sound file from one of these (they are complete sound files with about a dozen wav files in them ,not alised to anything else) I would have the oridginal Airwolf sound. But it didn't work ,there was no sound at all, so I had to put the newer sound file back.
    I've swapped sound files many times ,why wouldn't it work this time? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    I downloaded the new Airwolf from FlightSim and turns out it's only a demo which they didn't tell you so I just got the one helicopter and thats all , no other choppers or scenery. Ok I understand that but the sound file is just of a standard heicopter sound ,not the Airwolf howl and rotor sounds of the oridinal.
    I have two other older versions of Airwolf with the correct sounds ,so I thought if I just swapped the sound file from one of these (they are complete sound files with about a dozen wav files in them ,not alised to anything else) I would have the oridginal Airwolf sound. But it didn't work ,there was no sound at all, so I had to put the newer sound file back.
    I've swapped sound files many times ,why wouldn't it work this time? Thanks
    Swapping out helo sounds can be tricky. It depends on what option is selected for the engine.

//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop
    engine_type = 3

I bet if you compare this entry in your aircraft.cfg for you different Airwolf versions, one will be set to Helo-Turbine and the other to something like Turboprop.

Since you've gone this far, try it again but this time switch out the engine type.

--WH

Think I'am in over my head

I checked the aircraft config and found everything from piston,turbo,tubroprop,turboshaft.and afterburner, I have no idea how how to switch out the engine types ,when there are so many different types. Maybe I better leave well enough alone. Thankyou so much for taking the time to answer me ,at least I have two other versions with the the correct sound,although both have black lines through the middle of the vc panels.Thanks again

Check the engine type on the helo you got the sound set from. Then just change the Airwolf's engine to match the other one and you should be good to go.

I downloaded the Airwolf the other day but haven't installed it yet. I'll let ya know the results later this week.

Update edit: I installed it and changed to a favorite Huey sound set requiring changing the engine to "1." Amazingly the default was set to the default 737 not a helo at all. I guess since the plane has a jet mode when the rotors are folded away he felt this was more approriate.

Anyway I failed to get the beast up and running as everytime I fired it up, the gas tanks immediately drained dry. I fefueled and suffered the same fate. Not a very good "demo" IMHO. So this one is off to the shredder.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    I checked the aircraft config and found everything from piston,turbo,tubroprop,turboshaft.and afterburner, I have no idea how how to switch out the engine types ,when there are so many different types. Maybe I better leave well enough alone. Thankyou so much for taking the time to answer me ,at least I have two other versions with the the correct sound,although both have black lines through the middle of the vc panels.Thanks again
    Okay, here are the steps.

1. Go to your Airwolf aircraft folder. Make a copy of your Aircraft.cfg file.
    2. Open up the Aircraft.cfg file with Notepad. Do a search for engine_type just as I have it highlighted.
    3. Look at the number. The example I gave is engine_type = 3. Change it from whatever number is in the file to another number, like 5. Save the file.
    4. Open the sim and try your Airwolf. If there is no sound, try another number.

--WH

As soon as I read this and saw it was a demo, I knew exactly who it was done by. . . .A.Meyer. Many years ago, he came out with aircraft that he "hawked" as freeware, posted on several freeware sites. When you loaded them up to fly, you found that he had placed big banners all over the airplane, some across the panel, some outside on the wings, some on the VC. All of them advertising that for a price ($5.00 for each banner I think) he would remove those banners and send you the fix. What was advertised as freeware was actually costing about $20. once you paid to have all the banners removed.

He has since toned down his techniques of marketing, but his products are rarely worthy of anything more than "OK" freeware. . .usually using default gauges or gauges taken from other aircraft in his hangar. It's a shame in a way because he is a decent designer who simply can't seem to shake his "Snake Oil Salesman" ways. So beware!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

it woked BUT

I changed engine type from 0 to 3 and got the old Airwolf sound,but the rotors are screwed up and so is the engine. First no matter what you do you can'r compleatly shut the damn thing down, second the rotors are ok on the ground but in the air when you throttle up then back the rotors become a solid disk and if you throttle back more the rotors dissipear compleatly.
    All in all I'll stick to my old Airwolfs .Oh and the title should be worked not woked,my proof reading sucks.

one more thing

Even though the new Airwolf sucks ,the first two of the four seasons it was on TV were the best TV shows ever, I'll always be an Airwolf fan.

I enjoyed the first few years of "Airwolf." I particularly liked the volcano that they would fly out of sometimes. Kind of like a high speed Bat Cave.

I never could get used to Ernest Borgnine as the crew chief. I always remember him most fondly as the skipper in McHale's Navy.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

The temptation was too much for me. . .I had to see what this thing was like. . .good grief, what a mess, lol. The only decent thing is the external model. . .it's actually pretty nice, beyond that. . .(and yes, I know this is a demo), no VC, a very tacky looking 2D panel and an FDE from hell. Once I got it started and warmed up I increased the throttle as I had been doing all day with the new Aerosoft Huey and the thing went crazy. . .oscillating back and forth uncontrollably. I hit slew and dropped back to earth to retry, this time with very slight throttle input. As soon as the wheels left the ground, even at very slow lift speeds it began the back and forth oscillating again. Sometimes if you use very slight rudder input to compensate you can get that under control, but this just wasn't controllable at any speed.

If all the additional addons he claims are part of the actual product are decent and worth having (which I doubt), and the price is low enough, it might be worth it just for those and you could toss the Heli and use one you already have. . . .lol. . .based on the freeware Tim Conrad has gifted us with over the years and especially recently. . .this isn't even close.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I never could get used to Ernest Borgnine as the crew chief. I always remember him most fondly as the skipper in McHale's Navy.
    Or better yet, the crooked cop in Convoy!

Blog Entries
    I've said it before and I'll say it again here, this model is not worth it as it does not look anything like the Bell 222 helicopter actually used in the series.

I may eventually come out with a proper Airwolf model using the Bell 222 source files I am working on now, but I am taking my precautions in making it due to restrictions imposed by NBC/Universal Pictures....will keep everyone updated on it.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    I used to work in the book department of a certain well known London department store, and once had the great good fortune to meet with Mr Borgnine. I spent a very enjoyable 2 hours assisting him, and can say it was a tremendous pleasure to spend time with such a thoroughly nice, humorous and modest man. :salute:
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again here, this model is not worth it as it does not look anything like the Bell 222 helicopter actually used in the series.

I may eventually come out with a proper Airwolf model using the Bell 222 source files I am working on now, but I am taking my precautions in making it due to restrictions imposed by NBC/Universal Pictures....will keep everyone updated on it.
    Eurostar,you will be my HERO if you made a Wolf that is looking as beautiful as your 222!:ernae:

The Wolf has a special place in my heart because I spent some time around the "real" helo in the olden days.
    As for this demo-concept FS version it gave my a good laugh.

Horus

As Falcon409 said:

As soon as I read this and saw it was a demo, I knew exactly who it was done by.
    My thoughts exactly.

Mr. Meyer

I remember we had threads discussing the merits of Mr. Meyers add-ons several times. To be fair, at least his MCR01 ultralite is quite decent, the other payware I was unfortunate enough to buy - on CD - I returned to the store.

Sascha