A2A WOP3 Spitfire VC compared to RealAir FSX Spitfire

Thread: A2A WOP3 Spitfire VC compared to RealAir FSX Spitfire

A2A WOP3 Spitfire VC compared to RealAir FSX Spitfire

I had the RealAir Spitfire even before FSX came out, for FS2004.

And when it came out for FSX I went straight to them and bought it.

And I still like her very much.

So this is by no means meant to take them down, their product is STILL top notch, but the A2A is incredible.

Forward

Straight forward look first is A2A second RA

Forward down on the panel

The instruments

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    IMHO itīs an unfair comparison, the A2A Spitfire is a recent release, with new techniques modeling wise (not going to mention code) while the RA is relatively older, what was cutting edge then, is no longer now, and whatīs now might not be in the mid term (letīs see what Flight have to offer), so IMHO (again) they are the best of both worlds.(I have to add, i donīt have the RA version, warbirds are not my thing, my opinion is based in the screenshots shown here)
    Best regards
    Prowler

The other thing to consider is that the A2A spits are mk1 and 2 and the real air is a mark IX and XIV, so the cockpits would be different. Although I agree that the a2a pit is amazing and one of the reasons I bought it on release.

I still love the real air spit though and have their mk XIV as my desktop wallpaper.

The new A2A WoP 3 Spitfire does look better but to be honest it had to considering the age of the Realair Spitfire. The Realair Spitfire is quite a few years old now but it still looks great.

If the A2A Spitfire was released with a cockpit that didn't improve on a 3.5 year old one people would have been very dissapointed

For me, there is a HUGE difference! I have owned all RealAir Spits for years and I cannot afford to buy the new one!

For me, that makes the old one the better of the two!

The new A2A Spit is, without question, a beautiful piece of work.

That being said, I still prefer to jump in and fly.

Does the new Spit have an Auto option?

Blog Entries
    Shift 3 and turn damage off
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

The Realair Spitfire was one of the first FSX addons, look how good she still is...

Quote Originally Posted by ICDP View Post
    The new A2A WoP 3 Spitfire does look better but to be honest it had to considering the age of the Realair Spitfire. The Realair Spitfire is quite a few years old now but it still looks great.

If the A2A Spitfire was released with a cockpit that didn't improve on a 3.5 year old one people would have been very dissapointed
    My RA FSX Spitfire setup file is from 2008-04-01 and still it needs a very close look to see the differences.

I would even say that neither RA or A2A looks better, the A2A is "just" more detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyE1976 View Post
    The other thing to consider is that the A2A spits are mk1 and 2 and the real air is a mark IX and XIV, so the cockpits would be different. Although I agree that the a2a pit is amazing and one of the reasons I bought it on release.

I still love the real air spit though and have their mk XIV as my desktop wallpaper.
    I tend to agree with you. Both are excellent. I have the RA Spitfire and will probably buy the A2A Spitfire. IMHO, the Spitfire is a great aircraft and thankfully the two developers are covering very different versions

So I think the solution is to buy both!

Cheers

Paul

Probably a better comparison would be the JF Spits since both A2A and JF have covered the Mk1a and there's talk of an A2A Mk V.

I really enjoyed flying the JF Spits, but the A2A version is on another level (and aimed at a different audience to be fair).