Must-have FS2004 freeware planes?

Thread: Must-have FS2004 freeware planes?

Must-have FS2004 freeware planes?

Okay, the F7F Tigercat has inspired me to re-install FS2004 to check it that awesome plane out. (I run FSX in DX10 mode for performance reasons, so I don't install FS8/9 SDK planes in FSX.)

Given that it's been about 18 months since I had FS9 installed, what must-have planes have I missed? Suggestions appreciated.

I know about the older classics, such as David Copely's P-38s. And I'm definitely going to grab Jens Christensen's releases from the last 18 months! Other suggestions?

Anything made by "Manuele Villa" just my personnel opinion.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FS2004 Hawker Sea Fury FB11 RN Update V2.06

Anything by Dave Garwood or Rick Piper.
    Anything Canberra related that Nazca Steve has been involved in. And also check out his Seahawks, a beautiful & under appreciated British classic (the only disappointment is that Steve didn't have the time to be able to model the swept wing developments).
    If it involves the words "Milton" and "Shupe", install it...

Actually, the list is potentially endless. Might be easier if we had an idea of what you fly over on the Dark Side.
    Andy

Thanks, guys!

Andy, I'm a big fan of classic military planes -- basically 1930s on. Fighters, prop transports, x-planes... Probably enjoy WW2-through-the-1960s planes most, but I'm open to flying just about anything.

So really, mostly curious about the cream of the crop... Stuff like Piglet's freeware, etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Anything by Dave Garwood or Rick Piper.
    Anything Canberra related that Nazca Steve has been involved in. And also check out his Seahawks, a beautiful & under appreciated British classic (the only disappointment is that Steve didn't have the time to be able to model the swept wing developments).
    If it involves the words "Milton" and "Shupe", install it...

Actually, the list is potentially endless. Might be easier if we had an idea of what you fly over on the Dark Side.
    Good reminder there, Andy, could be a good way to get back into the Sea Hawk, or rather 'P' series experimentals again...add them to the list!

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

Tim "Piglet" Conrad

Made some very good stuff, too.......

Look here for ideas http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...highlight=gems It used to be a sticky. Don't know why it's been moved.

WWI started because some bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by nazca_steve View Post
    Good reminder there, Andy, could be a good way to get back into the Sea Hawk, or rather 'P' series experimentals again...add them to the list!
    Steve, if you released a P1052 or P1081 I would be an exceedingly happy bunny!
    Andy

Hi Denny,

Manfred Jahn & Co have built a fabulous triple tail series: L-749 Constellation, L-1049G/H and C-121/R7V Super Constellation, WV-2 Warning Star, and L-1649A Starliner. These old gals need to be treated with care since particularly the engines are demanding (like in real life), but they fly like a dream.

Manfred Jahn also built a beautiful Avro York (triple tail transport development of the Avro Lancaster bomber).

Cheers,
    Maarten

Anything by Milton. I'm particuarily fond of his Beech 18, AT-11 and Howard 500
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

DennyA;

Go to http://www.irisfss.com/the-hangar.php. Last year, Iris Simulations released quite a few of their payware aircraft as freeware, including the F-14, both the F-15 & F-15 Strike Eagle, the F-35B, as well as the MiG-29 & MiG-29K (Naval version of the MiG-29).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wozza's P-51 Mustang.

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Thanks, guys!

Andy, I'm a big fan of classic military planes -- basically 1930s on. Fighters, prop transports, x-planes... Probably enjoy WW2-through-the-1960s planes most, but I'm open to flying just about anything.

So really, mostly curious about the cream of the crop... Stuff like Piglet's freeware, etc.
    Ah, so the Section F8 Sabre would be right up your street then!

http://www.sectionf8.com/
    Andy

Vintage

Older aircraft but a shout must be given to Kirk Olsson if you fly military. His F-16 family is significantly enhanced with the Simscape F-16 Block 50 panel set. He did a Sabre as well. Allied Flightsim Group Beechraft King Air 300; PC-12 is not bad either.

And then there is the Alphasim Freeware collection... http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/index.php

lets not forget the Freeware Aeroplane Heaven Hawker Hurricane.... love that thing!

If you like to do some light GA flying, J.E. Narcizo's Piper Super Cub pa18_v3.zip and his Cessna 150 Aerobat c150_v2.zip - which includes both a paint kit and a nifty taildragger version. The Fravin Cessna 150 is also excellent, though I wish they did a taildragger version as well.

N.

I'll also mention Lynn and Bill Lyon's superb Ryan ST-A ccryan4.zip, Stinson SR-9/Pietenpol Aircamper package cc6stinf.zip, Luscombe 8 cc12lusf.zip, Piper Tri-Pacer cc13p22f.zip, and Globe Swift ccswift4.zip. All come very nicely detailed with interesting animations and features as well as additional sceneries and flight scenarios. Also, be sure to look for the repaints by Leon Louis for some of these aircraft.

N.

Robert Sanderson's serries of Hurricane fighters are top drawer. They have a real feel of authenticity about them that make flying them in the sim a treat.

You should be able to find them at the larger sites by searching for his name.

As Smoothie suggests, the Aeroplane Heaven Hurricane is also very good and I think that it is freeware now. It should be at there site once they recover from the big floods in Australia.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    ...quite right Smoothie, you beat me to it! Again!
    And while you're there, do youself a favour and pick-up: Hurricane IId Tin Opener.
    ...same author, even nicer handling and engine acceleration smoke effects.
    Think its there anyway, otherwise Simviation