KVM switch?

Thread: KVM switch?

KVM switch?

I'm going to be running only one monitor and speaker set, but two pc's. From what I understand I'll need something called a KVM switch that will allow me to switch from pc-to-pc, while having the convenience of one using one monitor/sound/(wireless) mouse & keyboard configuration.
    ....This KVM thing is new to me and, I see so many out there it's a little confusing.

Is there any particular one I should get? I found this place, but I'm in need of someone knowledgeable http://www.iogear.com/solutions/kvm/?view=2port

We always used Belkin switch boxes in the QA lab at Yahoo Music. Not any better, just what the IT guys always bought. We were typically running four PC's with a shared monitor/keyboard/mouse. We also had a couple IOGear boxes. They all worked fine. If the box doesn't include them you're also going to need the cable sets.

You might have a look here as well. I buy from these guys because they are close by.
    http://www.geeks.com/search.asp?QUER...20kvm%20switch
    :ernae:

I figured no one even knew what they were considering all the views and no replies. I took note of the sites and will investigate further. Currently I don't have a 2nd pc. I will be needing one of these in the future so..

Thanks for the response Frank.