March 25th...Cliffs of Dover - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: March 25th...Cliffs of Dover

The Collectors Edition, I wants it lol! Seriously think all the A2A WoP3 Spitfire owners are gonna be drooling just for the chance to get Mk.I pilot notes, hope the Collectors Edition is released outside the UK!
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Hi all,

We (Just Flight) are doing a pre-order offer on IL-2 Cliffs of Dover:

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover is priced at £29.99 / €37.95 / $44.99, and we're also giving 500 Just Rewards points with each pre-order.

More info here: http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsid=1890

I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this, any new combat sim is welcome in my opinion!

Thanks
    Martyn

It's great it's finally coming out. And better too that UBI wasn't allowed to put their DRMs in it for it to be played only thru their servers. The only bad thing is that seeing how UBI has treated it's customers, there's many that won't touch anything now with UBI on the packaging. Even if even if it is said that there are no DRMs in the sofware. UBI has screwed the pooch with what they've done with everything else except IL2. If it wasn't for 1C on the package, I wouldn't touch it.

Now the only thing Oleg needs to do is break away from UBI, once his contract is up with them. Too bad he's not the one that had Silent Hunter 5. Oleg would have made sure it was as good as IL2 and not unfinished so it could be played properly.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

After a Home Show I was exhibiting at this past weekend, on Saturday night and with nothing to do for the night I went looking for Cliffs Of Dover at Best Buy in Dover, DE. Wasn't on the shelf so one of the guys went on their computer to see what was up. Release date according to their computer has been pushed back to 4/19/11. Anyone know the reason why?
    Gary -

Charter Member 2011
    no idea, prolly so steam could get things sorted out. However i'd hold off a bit, the russian release hasnt been good ... and its more than just teething problems.

http://www.freewebs.com/heinkill/cliffsofdovernews.htm

However if they get around to optimizeing it and sorting things out then it should be ok, allthough yet again they failed on the sounds ...
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I saw this on the site you linked to Stiz.... "Aircraft with missing wings flying onward unaffected"

I had the no landing gear syndrom in IL-2 Forgotten Battles every once in awhile. My Me-109G would land and taxi just fine, but when you went to an outside view it was just floating along heading to a taxi position. LOL

Hope they get the missing wings fixed.... that could really look weird. LOL
    Gary -

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    So it is Storm of War, just retitled by the publisher to make it more marketable? I don't know how well that's going to work since the combat flight sim world has been waiting for years to see "Storm of War". I think this just adds to the confusion in what version of the sim you are buying or need.
    I think they are just trying to ratchet down expectations. If we buy it thinking it is BOB SOW, we are expecting to have our socks blown off. If we are buying it thinking it is just a new IL2 version, we won't be so cruel in our assessment. Classic marketing ploy.

I'm buying it anyway.

I'll buy it ONLY because Oleg and 1C made it.... and because we've waited sooooo long for it, even if it is out with a different name. Other than that, I do NOT buy games with UBI's name on them.
    Gary -