March 25th...Cliffs of Dover

Thread: March 25th...Cliffs of Dover

Hybrid View

redriver6

March 25th...Cliffs of Dover

no longer 'Storm of War'.....

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=9329

[YOUTUBE]MO35o8IRDz0&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know if it is no longer Storm of War or if Storm of War was just a cover name for an updated Il2 or if 1C is trying to cash in on the Il2 name one more time.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

At least Oleg wasn't happy with the name change:

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox

Using already world well known Storm of War as a name of new series and just adding the line 'from the creators of award-winning Il-2 sturmovik series' would be way better really. If someone dislike short SoW sounding not so nice then simply better to make other name... Hope publisher will read it. Anyway I may disagree with the name Il-2 for the completely new series, but final decision - from publisher.
    http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=497

Geeze ubisoft trying to cash in on the IL2 name much? I'll be buying anyway, what's in a name? But Storm of War just sounds cool..
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

So it is Storm of War, just retitled by the publisher to make it more marketable? I don't know how well that's going to work since the combat flight sim world has been waiting for years to see "Storm of War". I think this just adds to the confusion in what version of the sim you are buying or need.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    So it is Storm of War, just retitled by the publisher to make it more marketable? I don't know how well that's going to work since the combat flight sim world has been waiting for years to see "Storm of War". I think this just adds to the confusion in what version of the sim you are buying or need.
    I think they are just trying to ratchet down expectations. If we buy it thinking it is BOB SOW, we are expecting to have our socks blown off. If we are buying it thinking it is just a new IL2 version, we won't be so cruel in our assessment. Classic marketing ploy.

I'm buying it anyway.

Il-2 Sturmovik:Cliffs of Dover - coming to us all in March of this year

Ok - I'm sure you all remember Il2 from Oleg Maddox

well - here comes the all new - completely revamped WWII Combat Flight Simulation of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO35o...layer_embedded
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

If I saw that clip without knowing, I'd swear it was Wings of Prey! Very similar.. Looks nice, will check it out after release to see if it is worthwhile or not and actually offers steps up from WOP.
    "Soon to be Expat"

I'm asking myself whether they're going to remake the eastern front stuff with the new graphics engine or not...

...and whether they retain their dynamic campaign system...

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    If I saw that clip without knowing, I'd swear it was Wings of Prey! Very similar.. Looks nice, will check it out after release to see if it is worthwhile or not and actually offers steps up from WOP.
    well - as it will cost about the same as a single, well made addon aircraft for FSX - I can see no reason not to buy it regardless....but I see your point about WoP - the early wip videos and screens look like WoP...except for the extra detail, camera views, etc...

But with the track record of the previous work of 1c Maddox Games there is no reason to think for one second that Cliffs of Dover wont be worth 10 times the price of the software, even at the inflated initial release price.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Charter Member 2011
    for me it all depends on what ubi does for copy protection, if they use that Uplay crap then i aint touching it!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    for me it all depends on what ubi does for copy protection, if they use that Uplay crap then i aint touching it!

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    If it's always online, I'm off