March 25th...Cliffs of Dover
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March 25th...Cliffs of Dover

redriver6

March 25th...Cliffs of Dover

no longer 'Storm of War'.....

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=9329

[YOUTUBE]MO35o8IRDz0&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know if it is no longer Storm of War or if Storm of War was just a cover name for an updated Il2 or if 1C is trying to cash in on the Il2 name one more time.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

At least Oleg wasn't happy with the name change:

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox

Using already world well known Storm of War as a name of new series and just adding the line 'from the creators of award-winning Il-2 sturmovik series' would be way better really. If someone dislike short SoW sounding not so nice then simply better to make other name... Hope publisher will read it. Anyway I may disagree with the name Il-2 for the completely new series, but final decision - from publisher.
    http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=497

Geeze ubisoft trying to cash in on the IL2 name much? I'll be buying anyway, what's in a name? But Storm of War just sounds cool..
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

So it is Storm of War, just retitled by the publisher to make it more marketable? I don't know how well that's going to work since the combat flight sim world has been waiting for years to see "Storm of War". I think this just adds to the confusion in what version of the sim you are buying or need.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Il-2 Sturmovik:Cliffs of Dover - coming to us all in March of this year

Ok - I'm sure you all remember Il2 from Oleg Maddox

well - here comes the all new - completely revamped WWII Combat Flight Simulation of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO35o...layer_embedded
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

If I saw that clip without knowing, I'd swear it was Wings of Prey! Very similar.. Looks nice, will check it out after release to see if it is worthwhile or not and actually offers steps up from WOP.
    "Soon to be Expat"

I'm asking myself whether they're going to remake the eastern front stuff with the new graphics engine or not...

...and whether they retain their dynamic campaign system...

Quote Originally Posted by deathfromafar View Post
    If I saw that clip without knowing, I'd swear it was Wings of Prey! Very similar.. Looks nice, will check it out after release to see if it is worthwhile or not and actually offers steps up from WOP.
    well - as it will cost about the same as a single, well made addon aircraft for FSX - I can see no reason not to buy it regardless....but I see your point about WoP - the early wip videos and screens look like WoP...except for the extra detail, camera views, etc...

But with the track record of the previous work of 1c Maddox Games there is no reason to think for one second that Cliffs of Dover wont be worth 10 times the price of the software, even at the inflated initial release price.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Charter Member 2011
    for me it all depends on what ubi does for copy protection, if they use that Uplay crap then i aint touching it!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    for me it all depends on what ubi does for copy protection, if they use that Uplay crap then i aint touching it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Ain't that the truth... :d

Ive literally just got a brand new system and I am looking forward to trying the new sim from Oleg, however I dont like the announcement, re: no German Campaign? fighting renegages on your own side for the RAF? and a few other bits, to me it still doesnt really look like Britain from the shots ive seen.

However I am sure the online experience is going to be mucho fun, My old Sqn I belong too are hoping to have a bit of a revival with the new sim as a good many of us drifted from il-2 to FSX and others a while back. So if it means good fun online times with friends fighting the bosh then I say bring it on! :ernae:

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    If it's always online, I'm off

I do not recall any IL2 Sturmoviks being involved in WW2 anywhere near the white cliffs of Dover(though someone may correct me ).

I assume the reference to IL2 Sturmovik is no more and no less than a marketing ploy to identify the product as coming from the Oleg /Ubisoft stable and to build on the established reputation of the original IL2/Pacific Wars products which are excellent (especially modded) and have withstood the test of time.

I understand that online activation will be required.It is less clear whether the game can only be played online.I hope not.

We shall see.

best

nio

Storm of War or IL2 Cliffs of Dover

If you read the comments under the vidieo it says Storm of War has been renamed IL2 Cliffs of Dover ,their one and the same.

Hope the sim is better than the daft name they've given it. Dear oh dear...whats the Pacific expansion going to be called ? IL2: Waikiki Beach ?

Charter Member 2011
    yea i dont like the new name either, storm of war:battle of britain was far better, but ubi would have wanted to stick to Il2 sturmovik cos its a recognized name .. even though the only thing is has in common with il2 are the people who made it!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

"Storm Of War: BoB" sounds way worse and cheesier to me than "IL-2:Cliffs Of Dover".

Hi Guys

Looks pretty good

Video is confusing

the Mk IV Blenheim was not built in 1940 & pretty sure the FW190 wasn't either so not much accuracy on the timeline in the video but it looks good.

Just hope it's not an Arcade game like WingsOfPrey as i soon got bored of the limited playability even though it looks superb.

will most likely buy it anyway though

Regards
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-A2A View Post
    Ive literally just got a brand new system and I am looking forward to trying the new sim from Oleg, however I dont like the announcement, re: no German Campaign? fighting renegages on your own side for the RAF? and a few other bits, to me it still doesnt really look like Britain from the shots ive seen.

However I am sure the online experience is going to be mucho fun, My old Sqn I belong too are hoping to have a bit of a revival with the new sim as a good many of us drifted from il-2 to FSX and others a while back. So if it means good fun online times with friends fighting the bosh then I say bring it on! :ernae:
    I think I read on another forum somewhere that Luthier said there will be a German campaign.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

I hope that it at least has a mission builder. From the early "Storm of War" screenshots and comments it looks like this one will have very detailed vehicles and ground objects.

Also - I see over at the Yuplay forms there is going to be an update to the original Wings of Prey along with a sequel. I hope that the update to the original is the mission builder they had talked about a while ago.....

:salute:

I just hope that it actually comes out this time.

For those of you that have not followed development this is not the first release announcement that has been given for this title. Oddly and incredibly Ubisoft still has the old announcement hosted on their web servers.

http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=3950

So is this another Nov 2006, or have they managed to finish it in the 4+ years since?

Dang..........I just saw the latest update screenshots and the terrain looks horrible. They use some ugly snot colored green on Britain like they did for the original IL2. How hard can it be to get green right?
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    HAHAH LAF! That's an epic gif animation!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |