Fly with a virtual instructor by your side
FSFlyingSchool adds a team of talking instructors to X-Plane 9. You will never have to fly alone again!
Warning: Windows only at this time
- Team of 3 talking Flight Instructors
- Scoring system rates all phases of flight: taxi, take off, cruise, approach, landing & more
- Fly anywhere in the world with an instructor
- Easy to use! Land anywhere you like and your instructors will know which runway you have chosen. Just get lined up with a runway ahead of you when you descend in landing mode. The instructor will look ahead, figure which runway you are heading for and announce where you are going to land. Easy!
- Instructor knows which runway you are taking off from. Instructor will comment and give advice on the runway you have selected.
- Instructor knows which runway you are landing at. Even without ILS, and will give advice on how to land.
- No need to land on a fixed point on the runway. Any reasonable landing on a runway will get a reasonable score.
- Spoken Teaching Tips. Option so that FSFlyingSchool will speak a series of helpful tips when you fly. Tips are always in the same voice and are clearly different from a normal 'instructor' voice. These tips are like training wheels on a bicycle and are telling you how to use FSFlyingSchool and X-Plane itself. Once you have got the basics of these operations down, you may wish to turn these basic tips off.
- Friendly scoring system. Rewards all flights which were basically safe - higher scores require plenty of skill. If you can walk away from your landing - you will get a score. If you crash - you will not!
- Numerical data added to log book. Shows details of flight performance, such as landing speed, distance from threshold, approach accuracy and more.
- Unique Career Analyzer graphs over 70 areas of airmanship
- Pilot Briefing Tool analyzes all flights to find patterns of performance which need improvement
- Option to monitor correct use of aircraft lights
- Instructors give additional warnings before mistakes are made
- Instructors have many helpful and entertaining phrases
- Option to monitor correct use of aircraft engines
- Instructor reports distance from DME (Distance Measuring Equipment) navigation aid
- Multiple instructors with different personalities, genders and nationalities
- Link to real world airport data on web
- Instructor reports runway length, altitude and surface type when on approach
- Log Book statistics are totalled for easy review
- Optional Voice Command Pack allows the pilot to talk to the Instructor
- Flight scores tracked in detail in your own FSFlyingSchool logbook
- FSFlyingSchool web site hosts top scores tables
- Detailed scoring of your performance - not a simple summary
- Instant tests of your airmanship - just ask the instructor
- Detailed Cessna 172 advice during 'Starting and Takeoff', 'Descent and Landing',General Warnings and Advice
Option: Add the Voice Command Pack and speak to your instructors!