Out of memory error with Win 7 and FSX

Thread: Out of memory error with Win 7 and FSX

Out of memory error with Win 7 and FSX

Hi all,
    Have started getting the above memory error with FSX and Win 7. There was a fix for Vista and this problem,but I have forgotton what it was. Can some one tell me how to fix the Out of memory issue with Win 7.

Thanks,

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

In XP adjusting your 'page file' seemed to cure that but don't know nothing about W7.

You're running Win7 32bit, correct? Because you should not see an OOM with 64bit, unless you've gone and done something to it?

Pagefile

Hi,

Try enlarging the pagefile (virtual memory) in the advanced system settings of windows.

Depending on your ram, make it twice the size of the ram and preferably move it to a partition or disk other than the C: drive.

This should help.

Cheers,

Ian

I received this message with win7 64 + 4GB RAM (+FSX)

But now with 5GB RAM I don't have any more

The trend seems to be that 32 bit operating systems need 2 GB minimum, but 3 and even 4 GB works better. 64 bit OS's need 4 GB as the minimum, but 5 or 6 works better.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm running Win7 32 bit on 4 gig of memory, three useable after the graphics card memory is accounted for. What I've seen recently is that if I'm over a dense scenery package like ORBX PNW, in a complex airplane doing more than about 150 knots, I get them, under that, I don't. It seems that FSX can't keep up the surface load at that speed on the rig I have. I'm wanting a new PC anyway so that may drive the decision.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha13 View Post
    Hi all,
    Have started getting the above memory error with FSX and Win 7. There was a fix for Vista and this problem,but I have forgotton what it was. Can some one tell me how to fix the Out of memory issue with Win 7.

Thanks,

Buddha13
    Install SP2 or Acceleration.

Hi all,
    Thanks for the help.
    I should have pointed out that I am using 32bit win 7,I have 4gb of memory and a 1gb graphics card.Also using a quad core intel 9650cpu.
    Never had this problem with Vista.
    And have acceleration and sp2 installed.
    Will try out the suggestions here and let you know what happens.
    Thanks again.

Buddha13

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Hi all,
    Just to let you know i have fixed the OOM error i think by increasing the page file.
    But now have another problem,20,000ft trees keep appearing as i fly.Is there a fix for this. i am using TreeX for my trees.

Buddha13

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha13 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just to let you know i have fixed the OOM error i think by increasing the page file.
    But now have another problem,20,000ft trees keep appearing as i fly.Is there a fix for this. i am using TreeX for my trees.

Buddha13
    I had something like this except it was the opposite direction I had craters and canyons that were miles deep and trees suspended in space all over tha place. Not sure if this will help but my problem was a land class file, I think it must have been for FS9 and I tried it in X with the above result, when I unchecked the scrnery things went back to normal. The add on I had problems with is for Atlantic Canada (I would have to look for the original file to give you specifics).

I am not sure you are having the same problem but uncheck the TreeX and see if that helps, and also try a flight in an entirely different part of the world and see if the trees are a bit more to scale. If it is land class it will only affect the section covered by that scenery, if it's the TreesX it will be everywhere, which a re-install might fix. Oh and a defrag is always a good idea after messing with the swap file, especially if you were able to move it off the system drive.

Good luck with it, darn pain in da butt following a glude slope through that kind of obstruction...lol
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!