Robert A. Bob Hoover

Thread: Robert A. Bob Hoover

Robert A. Bob Hoover

Found this Gem... They Dont make`em like this anymore, A ture Legend http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...bob_hoover.avi :salute::salute::salute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PftNh...eature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've had the Honor of watching this routine in person, right down to the engines off landing and roll back to his parking spot on the ramp. A remarkable man and life.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis P40 View Post
    I've had the Honor of watching this routine in person, right down to the engines off landing and roll back to his parking spot on the ramp. A remarkable man and life.
    Same here, multiple times.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

What's really great about Bob Hoover - he's done this, or a similar routine, in an F86, P51, and a Sabreliner. Chuck Yeager describes their introduction in the air over Dayton, Ohio. 'I was out testing a bird when suddenly jumped by this guy - nothing could get him off my tail. Wartime, I'd've been dead'. Back on the ground, I met Bob Hoover'.

Cool

I havent had the Joy of getting to Watch Mr. Hoover Live But, I bought this Airshow Video back in the mid 80`s , Old VHS tape, Called Sky Fury, where they Had the Story of Bob Hoover and Chuck yeager, It was a Great story about how they first encountered each other, and Bob Hoover Flying everything from a P-51 to a f-86 and an Old Saberliner, It was great. I still have that Tape too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    What's really great about Bob Hoover - he's done this, or a similar routine, in an F86, P51, and a Sabreliner. Chuck Yeager describes their introduction in the air over Dayton, Ohio. 'I was out testing a bird when suddenly jumped by this guy - nothing could get him off my tail. Wartime, I'd've been dead'. Back on the ground, I met Bob Hoover'.
    I have video of the two of them talking about that incident. The way Yeager described it was that he and other Pilots used to sit up high over Wright field in P-51's and jump the Fighter Test Sections planes. Most of them would never fight(the Test Pilots) but one day Yeager jumped a P-38. He said about the time he got within 3000 yards of that P-38, it began to "bend around and look at him". He said it was on from there and finally after neither was able to gain a pure advantage, they landed. He said he went over to the P-38 and this "Lanky Lieutenant" got down out of the cockpit and he see "Hoover" on his name tag. Yeager says: "Man, you're really S*** Hot in that airplane aren't-cha?

As Yeager said that last part, Bob Hoover's face turned bright red and he laughed!

Living Legends!:salute:
    "Soon to be Expat"