Who do you want to have a sale next!

Thread: Who do you want to have a sale next!

Aviator32

Question Who do you want to have a sale next!

In light of all the Seasonal Sales we have seen here this week, who would you most like to have a sale next - which developer?

Personally I would want it to be ORBX for a 50% sale on all North American scenery and maybe Captain Sim for the 707.

We can but dream

Who would you choose?

Charter Member 2011
    Npower, my electric provider
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Aviator32
    Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    Npower, my electric provider
    You'll be lucky!

They are all about to put the prices up - you might have to end up having to power your FSX session with one of these!

Members +
    Hi I was extremely disappointed in the December flight1 newsletter, no good sales at all and flight1 is one of the bigger add-on company out there. they did have a nice discount few months ago but I would have thought they would have some cool deals for Christmas. aerosoft is other big company not offering anything good on there u.s site. but yet the smaller ones are offering some really great deals for the holidays
    Cesar

One thing all these developers, especially big guys like Orbx, want to avoid is future backlash from customers who paid the regular price earlier in the year. Another is if they set a precedent with holiday sales, potential customers, myself included, would delay their purchase(s) 'til sale time waiting for a better price.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator32 View Post
    You'll be lucky!

They are all about to put the prices up - you might have to end up having to power your FSX session with one of these!

Genius!!!

That's my mrs' xmas pressie sorted for this year....I'll pass it off as an exercise bike! She'll be doing well to power all 4 pc's,though.

:d
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    what happens when that dude gets tired? and also, what do you feed that dude with, since i guess he comes with the system, ´cause if you think i´m going to pedal during my "coach potato" time at my man cave, you´re out of your mind!..

Prowler

Charter Member 2011
    Fort Rucker, Alabama, United States, United States
    Cessna, Beech, Terrafugia...McDonnell Douglas.

Blog Entries
    ORBX PNW software-all!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Orbx

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

None. I've already spent too much money on sales this month.

At the risk of being contentious , I think that some payware developers should permanently cut their prices. I have bought a lot of software in the past four months ( as I got back into FSX). In truth some of it was worth the price - eg OrbX PNW, Realair Spit 2008, Aerosoft F-16, but at least half (mainly aircraft) were not worth the average £25 that I paid.

Anheuser-Busch.
    It's time for some Holiday cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    ORBX PNW software-all!
    Ted
    DITTO!!!
    "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

Coolsky, CLS or Sky Simulations...with something like IRIS' $5 sale...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBird View Post
    Hi I was extremely disappointed in the December flight1 newsletter, no good sales at all and flight1 is one of the bigger add-on company out there. they did have a nice discount few months ago but I would have thought they would have some cool deals for Christmas. aerosoft is other big company not offering anything good on there u.s site. but yet the smaller ones are offering some really great deals for the holidays
    I think I'd settle for them to just release some of the products they've been previewing for a year or more. I really need to decide between their 162 and the new Aerosoft Katana X.

Seems to be counter-productive to preview aircraft too far ahead, only to find that by the time they are actually released they've been out-thought and out-marketed by a developer who is able to work at a faster pace and add features that they haven't thought of.

Aerosoft, and everything for 5 Euros.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by allcott View Post
    I think I'd settle for them to just release some of the products they've been previewing for a year or more. I really need to decide between their 162 and the new Aerosoft Katana X.

Seems to be counter-productive to preview aircraft too far ahead, only to find that by the time they are actually released they've been out-thought and out-marketed by a developer who is able to work at a faster pace and add features that they haven't thought of.
    I agree with you allcott, I think they made a mistake of having released previews way too early lately. I wish them the best but its like there stuck in limbo.
    Cesar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBird View Post
    I agree with you allcott, I think they made a mistake of having released previews way too early lately. I wish them the best but its like there stuck in limbo.
    I wonder if their official collaboration with Cessna hasn't slowed them down. That's got to add layers to the review and approval process - especially if, as seems likely, the development is aimed at the training market as much (or more) than the hobby.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

I would love to see the B-52 of Captain Sim on sale. Also, I would like RazBam's A7 on sale. I sure did make out with IRIS, I was able to get 6 of there great airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Aerosoft, and everything for 5 Euros.
    Thanks Paul, I've kind of made the decision. If you look at the progress shots on the Katana X and compare them to the 162 and the absence of any progress at all - reported or pictured, then the money's gong to Aerosoft. It's an experience, not just an aircraft. In a way it's art imitating life as the same thing can be said of the real 162 - the delivery delays have just played right into the hands of the competitors. Not Diamond though!

The 182 had better hurry up or else THAT budget is going to the Carenado 210. And agree with Silverbird, little point in showing development shots unless there is a reasonable idea on release dates. It's counter-productive.