Pacific Master List of Bases and Sceneries - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacific Master List of Bases and Sceneries

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post

Got it - Thank You, SW !

SC
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

DEI Misspelling?

Cris, I'll just throw this out and let you guys decide if its important.

Some months ago I was reading a lot and I noticed some DEI airfield add-ons that perhaps were not correct. For example:

Soerabaja - have seen it as Surabaya?
    Ngoro - My reading tells me the pilots who were there called this field Blimbing. The airfield was near Ngoro but the pilots where housed at Blimbing.

Most of the others, were like the first above in that the spelling was the modern one and not what it was called then. Perhaps this issue is just an aside as you are documenting existing add-ons. Just a heads up for future airfield designers?

Really nice work by the way.

No Historian,
    Sam aka:"Ali Cat:

AC: When researching the USS Saratoga's strike on Surabaya I found that both spellings are accurate. Surabaya is the modern spelling adopted after independence.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Shadow Wolf,

Since this is a delicate topic I'd best make myself perfectly clear. My intention is to by no means to criticize anyone's work (not that you implied that either). Anyone who takes the time to make scenery has my most sincere respect.

I just hunted around my HD and found a couple of possible issues. I'm really really uncomfortable with putting a name on them, however. Perhaps I should have stayed silent or started a new thread. Anyway, thanks for the response.

Sam aka: "Ali Cat"

On my DEI miss spelling issue above, for those who might make scenery in this arena, the following may be of interest (page 295).

http://books.google.com/books?id=SX0...page&q&f=false

Rami: If you would, good sir, send me a PM. I was working on this campaign that I have strong feelings about. But as I’ve headed in a different direction, I cannot see getting back to it for at least a year or two. I did a lot of research and, though it’s not complete, I would be pleased if someone would be willing to take it on.

Shadow Wolf: The "lady Sara" – really? I’ve got to get out of this land of bits and bytes someday and play the game.

Off the thread Sam?
    AC

Thanks for the updates guys, and ys that was not meant to be a link just was a placeholder name...but we will get some of the links active on the main list, hope to get this and ETO finished up today or tomorrow, it is a large task gathering all this together...

ys the naming thing is a bit confusing as many of the Pacific "nations" ...have renamed a lot of things...i tried for a while in my own install to get original names and then kinda of gave up and just went with whatever the author of the scenery did...for this list probably best to stick with the name in the library or the download so as not to get confused and make finding them easier.

More updates soon.:salute:
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults