" A Day which will live in Infamy" December 7 1941

Thread: " A Day which will live in Infamy" December 7 1941

" A Day which will live in Infamy" December 7 1941

My Tribute:salute:
    Attachment 24977

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    :salute:

Yessir.... never too early to start. Of course I always mark this day.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    Of course I always mark this day.
    Very many days in history that never passes my mind and anyone time do remind others. :salute:
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I've been marking it for 47 years now... but then again, I have other motives.

Charter Member 09
    It was not long ago, as far as I am concerned and I remember the day well. I was outside, Simonizing my old man's Chevy and he told me that the Japs had bombed Pearl Harbor.
    The news from then on was not too good. Corregidor, Bataan, Wake Island, the Phillipines death march. The total casualties from the bombing were staggering.
    So I will always remember it well.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    I've been marking it for 47 years now... but then again, I have other motives.
    Happy Birthday Bill :ernae:

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Yep birthday wishes on your Facebook page Bill!

:birthday2 (One one cake icon lest we start a fire in here.)

I can only imagine what you saw HD. Been reading about it since I picked up a library book on the Arizona when I was 7.

I owe a lot to those men... of course for my freedom... but for my love of history...geography... the history of the world and how it works. Also I am in the IT field because I had to have a computer to try and experience the times thru simming and wargaming.

Heck will always be looking for that next piece of software that is going to recreate that time.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday Bill.. It's certainly one of the brighter moments this month will bring ..

Blog Entries
    I just hope that we have learned the lessons from Pearl Harbor. In Rememberance RIP ye brave!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Retired SOH Administrator
    It was a very sad day for America and a huge loss of life but you have to give the Japs credit. It was a very thought out plan and it sure as hell woke us up. I guess like 911, sometimes it takes something like that to wake America up but we sure give a large sacrifice to learn a lesson. At Arlington to see the history and the amount of graves is stagering. It is hard to believe that kind of loss of life can happen in less than a day....Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

makes me sad every day...It pains me to think that no one knows to fly all flags lower than the American flag.

God Bless:salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

The men who died in Pearl were part the of so many thousands who died not only for America but for many of us in other parts. I have always a prayer for all of them on this day, and thank them for their sacrifice, there will always be real men like them who put their lives in jeopardy for the rest of us....May God have them in His Glory.

two days

Dec 7th 1941 and August 6th 1945.

Never again

There is a tradition in the Navy known as "rendering honors". It is done for certain events, and one of those is when your ship passes the Arizona. As you approach it a whistle is blown, and all hands topside come to attention. As the ship passes alongside the whistle is again blown, and all hands salute in unison. After passing it the whistle is blown twice, and the salute is dropped.

For me that one salute was probably the most meaningful one I ever gave. It was a powerful moment.

Attachment 25040

Wow,I never knew that,very powerful,Thank You for sharing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick