Flight 1 NEW FSX Cardinal!

Thread: Flight 1 NEW FSX Cardinal!

Flight 1 NEW FSX Cardinal!

Received the Flight1 newsletter by email and see a mention for:

COMING SOON! Flight1 Software Cessna 177 Cardinal for Flight Simulator X

But there is no mention of it anywhere on their website. Anyone have any skinny on this?

If its coming soon there's a couple of other paywares I might hold off on to get this, if its any good but they've been promoting the 162 Skycatcher for like years and still no sign of it, so coming soon may mean nothing.

Charter Member 2015
    I've got the original Flight1/AOPA Cessna Cardinal for FSX....still quite a nice a/c in sim. It might explain why it's now been pulled as freeware.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

An up-to-date Cardinal would be nice. I still miss the old Dreamfleet version for... was it FS2K2? 'Sbeen a while...

Agree that it's hard to get a handle on what Flight 1 means by "soon" these days. The Skycatcher pictures are nice but absent any other developmetn information, it's beginning to seem like they're building it by hand.

Still, handcrafting can be a good thing....
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Blog Entries
    If it is the AOPA Cardinal now turned freeware it is excellent! I wish AOPA would go back to sponsoring flight simulator aircraft with each giveaway aircraft yearly!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I don't think it's the AOPA Cardinal, else that is a done and dusted model and could be released any old time.

But as they HAVE that model, and no mention of it anywhere else, it might be an updated version.

Which would be nice, too.:salute:

I looked too and haven't seen anything!

I know they have a C182 and eventually a 172 to follow that in the pipeline... but haven't heard of the c177...

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/182-...opic37155.html
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Ryan,

That's the funny thing, they've got previews of `permanently beta` products that just don't seem to be going anywhere and that was on my list, until Ant released the Tecnam and Aerosoft announced the absolutely feature-packed new Diamond DA20 Katana which renders the 162 a very poor choice, system and feature wise. It would have been great in 2009, STILL good in 2010, but not until 2011? Too little, too late. I've got 500 sim hours in the P2002, put the money I'd set aside for the 162 toward the Katana, and now have no interest in the 162.

Same with the 182. That niche is now being closed by Carenado. The gestattion period for these products just seems to leave them open to appearing at the wrong time, with the wrong degree of complexity.

But the 177 is one of those products that's never been done by anyone since the FS2K2 DreamFleet days and would be a surefire niche, and not a single mention?

Strange.

I surely will welcome a new 177 but hope for fixed and retract variants.

Charter Member 2015
    Just to clear up any confusion.

I'm not suggesting that Flight1 are planning on releasing a new C177 in association with AOPA. I'm saying that I've already got their previous FSX native C177 that was released as freeware to AOPA members some years back. Very nice a/c it is too...Thanks Flight1!:ernae:
    It's no longer available to download,however, possibly due to the fact that Flight1 have decided to release a new/updated version as payware.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

on their simforums site, jim says infact they are updating the aopa model and that it should be ready as a "light weight" release soon. I dont know if that is payware or freeware. I expect payware.

Thanks for the info. Id put even a revamped AOPA Cardinal ahead of the 182 or 162, but given the vagueness I might wait until some time after release.

Now if only someone would do a C210, I'd be all over that like a rash! it's one of those `missing` pressurised aircraft that I can't think why hasn't been done for FSX. Much as I love the Lancair, it's not a good one for looking down at the ground from on high and the Uhu while good for looking down is nowhere near the level of sophistication I'd expect from a supposedly pure FSX release - it actually has fewer features than the ported FS9 version!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allcott View Post
    Thanks for the info. Id put even a revamped AOPA Cardinal ahead of the 182 or 162, but given the vagueness I might wait until some time after release.

Now if only someone would do a C210, I'd be all over that like a rash! it's one of those `missing` pressurised aircraft that I can't think why hasn't been done for FSX. Much as I love the Lancair, it's not a good one for looking down at the ground from on high and the Uhu while good for looking down is nowhere near the level of sophistication I'd expect from a supposedly pure FSX release - it actually has fewer features than the ported FS9 version!

Ditto on that C210...flew one in R/L once, 1970 vintage with the cantilevered wing-outstanding aircraft

Something to keep in perspective... Flight1 is not just a licensee of Cessna, they ARE PARTNERS. This makes a world of difference. They tend to double everything they make for us, as a commercial application for training if my understanding is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    Something to keep in perspective... Flight1 is not just a licensee of Cessna, they ARE PARTNERS. This makes a world of difference. They tend to double everything they make for us, as a commercial application for training if my understanding is correct.
    So what you're saying is, we should regard `Coming Soon` as being relative to a Cessna 162 delivery timescale..?

Great, three years late, and only 30 instead of 300 in a year... :costum:

I want a stretch 207!

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I want a stretch 207!
    Pressurised 210 - the Silver Eagle II with the R-R turboprop! Oooooooh! I need to go lie down!

Pressurised 210 - the Silver Eagle II with the R-R turboprop! Oooooooh! I need to go lie down!

Oh man! I would love to have one of these! I didn't even know there existed a turboprop variant of this. Anyone making one, payware or freeware?

Matt

Blog Entries
    I'll take it...wrap it up!

Blog Entries

You never know what might come up from my end:mixedsmi:

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    You never know what might come up from my end:mixedsmi:
    Dunno whether to cry from excitement, or hold my nose...!?!

Silver Eagle II details from HERE

The Silver Eagle is the Pressurised version, but given FSX doesn't `do` pressurisation - or hypoxia - it seems overkill for a sim model.

The one pictured above isn't pressurised anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    The one pictured above isn't pressurised anyway.
    I thought I made that clear! :salute:

Here's a Silver Eagle - the pressurised version

and video
    HERE

Blog Entries
    Myself and my group are planning the P210 version of the Cessna Centurion, both piston and turbine power....question is when....not this year, sometime next...and it's for FS2004/FSX.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!