OT My drive to work tomorrow....

Thread: OT My drive to work tomorrow....

SOH-CM-2023

OT My drive to work tomorrow....

Williamstown VT to Nashua NH... 2 1/2 hours. And I need to be there at 07:30 :isadizzy:

You can't take the sky from me...

This is proof again that we all need an affordable GA airplane for the masses ... Time is money, or so they say ...

Mike

Dang Brian; that length trip has to be using at least 7 gallons of gas each way = $20, $40 per day in gas. That means you have to make $5 an hour in an 8 hour day to break even just on gas.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

andy135
    Your 7 gallons of gas would set you back around $59 here in the UK. And that's each way.

Retired SOH Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    This is proof again that we all need an affordable GA airplane for the masses ... Time is money, or so they say ...

Mike

I second that, Mike!

:salute:

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aviator32
    I'm impressed. It took me three hours to get to work yesterday and I live 6 miles away. It took me two hours to come home tonight and that's a good day.
    Welcome to London public transport!

i ,at one time,had to make a 100 ,one way trip,took 3 hours to drive it in perfect conditions without the breckfast stop,which the contractor wanted to do everyday...we had a 1969 ford F250 camper specail with a "oakland utility box" on it..very heavy duty work truck,the suspention was beefed up from 3/4 ton to about a ton and a half standards,,..got about 2 miles a gallon,,,not true but close..lol..the steering wandered,,couldnt hold the steering wheel straight or it would run off the road or into on coming traffic...you were constantly adjusting....as they say..constantly driving the beast...i was wore out bt the time i got to work and my dad was susally a sleep...and in the early days of the builds....i dug ditches all damned day...then drove the 100 miles home..another 3+ hours...this was on the highway 49 the length of the so called "gold country highway"..auburn to angels camp..home of the jumping frog..and then up to a small place called hathaway pines....

thing is..we did this subdision of home.24 i think....finished around christmas or so..the last house was directly behind a USFS firehouse/ranger station..but the point to that is..it was a year round fire house housing two eninges...and a cal fire station was about 5 miles up the road towards avery,,,

that summer there was a plane crash in the canyon below the housing tract and all 24 homes burned to the ground..only thing saved was the USFS firehouse....there were lawsuits galore over it....i forget the details now..but it had turned into a "conflagulation" or someword like that...burned thousands of acres..not just the tract...butthey blamed the USFS crew for not protecting the homes as the reason to took off...which is BS....end rant..why do i do this?....

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post

Mike
    I wish... actually a small helo would serve me better. My daily commute is 28 miles and it takes me 1 hour 15 minutes to work and 1 hour 30 minutes to return home.

SOH-CM-2023
    Made it by 7 am... crew called saying they would be late. Got in the road at about 8:30. Out of the road at 18:00. Three hour ride home. (with a gas and food stop)

Total time awake today? 19 1/2 hours and counting. I'm so tired I can't sleep

Nashua is a nice little city for being so close to Boston. No one tried to run me over today....

Truck burned half a tank down and half a tank back. This a 97 Ford f-150 2wd with a 4.6 liter V-8 (Automatic transmission) that carries 500 pounds worth of signs and traffic cones. Gets about 14-16 MPG. Gas doesn't cost me anything since it's a take home company truck with a credit card for gas :-)

I'm glad to hear that you had to drive to work! That means you have a job! Congrats, buddy!! I didn't know that. I used to drive for 1.5 - 2.0 hours each way when I lived in South Florida. That was to go 22 miles. I can only imagine what it would take now to do the same trip.

Don

BP ............ that musta been Miami ! Or Tamper ........
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Time for me to get to work: Ten minutes. At best.

And I still consider it too long in that friggin' cold.

Charter Member 2015
    I was a sales rep for my sins a few years ago and averaged 80,000 miles a year over the crappiest back roads in the country. 3am start and often didn't finish till 9pm...6 days a week. No wonder I'm a physical wreck now! :d
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    BP ............ that musta been Miami ! Or Tamper ........
    Fort Liquordale! How are you buddy? Doing well, I hope!

Don

Glad you made the trip ok! All I can say is, it's a good thing that caffeine is legal, because that's the only thing to get me up and running that early in the morning!!

NC

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Glad you made the trip ok! All I can say is, it's a good thing that caffeine is legal, because that's the only thing to get me up and running that early in the morning!!

NC
    No kidding on the caffeine!

Gonna need some more tomorrow. Off to Portsmouth New Hampshire to flag. Up at 3 am, 3 hour drive...

Thank god the weekend is coming!