External FPS Limiter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: External FPS Limiter

On Another Planet

External FPS Limiter

Anybody know where I can download this tool? I can't find it anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rezabrya View Post
    Anybody know where I can download this tool? I can't find it anywhere.
    Google for FPS_limiter.

http://www.filestube.com/b83b26c8994...a/details.html

Started using one not too long ago and I'm impressed. At busy places like KORD, the external limiter gives me 50% better FPS than FSX's internal one!

On Another Planet
    Ya I just used Jesus' tweak site that tweaks your fsx.cfg. So far, my performance hasn't increased much but my stability is up a ton. No more stuttering and stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    U tried downlading the file, but rapid share was doung their usual extortion thing and telling me i had a modified ip which they knew was an error, but could be fixed if i spent money on them, or wait till hell freezes over to get the download.. i started looking for alternative download sites, and came across this http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html . Check HEB Ad and Hy Vee Ad. it's a hyper fast screen capture software, and may be the best find i've found in a long time.. I'll put it in anther post. But for those like myself who do not have either the money to subscribe to rapid share and who's principals are too high to give into extortion, i'll keep looking for FPS_Limiter elsewhere..
    Pam

On Another Planet
    Here you go Warchild. RS did the same thing for me so I used this alternate site instead.

http://nowdownloadall.com/v2/your-fi...r_0.2.rar&cr=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've downloaded this, but there are no instructions as what to do with it. Where do I put it and what do I do with it ?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by guzler View Post
    I've downloaded this, but there are no instructions as what to do with it. Where do I put it and what do I do with it ?
    Cheers
    This comes from Nick Needham (SimForums.com):
    Unrar/unzip

Be aware that where you place the folder must remain or it will break its use and you will need to reconfigure the bat file

USE:

Run FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar and click SEARCH EXECUTABLE

browse for and select FSX.exe

set frame limit to 30 under MAXIMUM FPS

Click CREATE BAT

Once complete close the interface and use the created file fsx.exe.limited.bat to start FSX (double click it)

set frame lock to UNLIMTED in FSX and use the AG slider to tune

You MUST have JAVA installed to use that interface

http://www.java.com/en/

Now here is the deal... this attacks the UNLIMITED FRAME LOCK problem related to Vsync introduced by Aces in SP1/SP2. Instead of tuning the FRAME LOCK you will tune the AUTOGEN slider for smooth results where you are flying. Leave the FSX frame lock slider at UNLIMITED at all times.

You can fine tune this app as well... I found 30 was the sweet spot for all occasions. I would suggest no less than 24 and no more than 30 but start with 30.

FSX must always be started by clicking the created command line BAT file.. NOT the FSX desktop icon. You can replace the FSX desktop icon with a shortcut to the BAT file and assign the FSX icon to it.

I don't know what I'm doing, but when I double click on it, a small black screen flashes up then dissapears, can't seem to get it do do what you recommend despite installing Java

On Another Planet
    My guess is you are clicking on the .exe and not the jar file? You need to click on the jar file to start with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nope - same thing happened to me - turned out that I didn't have Java installed...problem was I did have it - why wouldn't I?

But I downloaded it anyway and tried the FPS limiter again and this time it worked - I could see the installation gui and its option where before I got the little black screen that tells you something got loaded onto your rig in DOS...

then - when I tried to USE the limiter - I saw no improvement...AND my AICarriers installation was gone along with Xaviers Nimitz!!!

there is no uninstall option for FPS limiter and I still cannot find its files anywhere on my rig AND I still cannot fix my AIcarriers program and get it to run at all!

My favorite thing to do in FSX is cats and traps and now - barring a complete reinstallation of FSX (which I will not do unless it is so FUBAR it wont load) I have no Aicarriers
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Blog Entries
    Thanks heywood.. tried downloading from the link you gave and Panda blocked it due to the site running phishing software.. I recommend running yout virus scan and seeing what its put on your system..

Oh I have tried everything short of taking it in to the shop or reinstalling FSX

so far no soap...its frustrating but since FSX still works and my AV and anti-malware programs indicate no other intrusions I am going to plug along like this for now - it wont be long before FSX requires its usual bi-annual burping anyhoo
    enter..the Sandman

FPS LIMITER 0.2 HERE IT IS:
    http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/...imiter_0.2.rar
    fast and free.
    Recall that works just for DirectX 9

Hi,

Does anyone know what the D3D8, D3D9 or OGL options in the GUI do?
    Seems to work OK though, I now only use D3D8.

Best, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Blog Entries
    D3D# is another way of saying DX# so D3D8 is DX8 and D3D9 is DX9... OGL is another graphics handler called Open GL..

Ah, thanks Pam, this is a DUH moment. On the other hand, why not say DX9 when a programmer means DX9.
    So I should go for D3D9 then.

R.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

D3D3 = Direct 3D ver3 (or DirectX)
    D3D8 = Direct 3D ver8 (or DirectX)
    OGL = Open GL

if I'm not mistaking. And there I was replying too late as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Oh I have tried everything short of taking it in to the shop or reinstalling FSX

so far no soap...its frustrating but since FSX still works and my AV and anti-malware programs indicate no other intrusions I am going to plug along like this for now - it wont be long before FSX requires its usual bi-annual burping anyhoo
    This may help...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...332&pagenumber=
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Roger - that did the trick!

I thank you very much for this recommendation - it was exactly the problem.

I just uninstalled my java files - they were corrupted in some way - reinstalled and now I am flying carrier quals again

I really appreciate your help on this one - :salute:
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Roger - that did the trick!

I thank you very much for this recommendation - it was exactly the problem.

I just uninstalled my java files - they were corrupted in some way - reinstalled and now I am flying carrier quals again

I really appreciate your help on this one - :salute:
    Glad it's sorted.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Anyone else have a problem with it shutting down the TrackIR?:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I downloaded and installed the FPS limiter using the instructions furnished by hschuit (Thanks!) on page 1 of this thread. When I click on the FSX limiter icon, the black screen comes up, and FSX starts, but the frame rate is not limited (?! - It's set at 30.) Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks,
    Jerry

In FSX the frame rate on screen will be displayed as "unlimited", but if you look at the actual fps you will see it hovering around 30 and spiking to 32, at least on my system. The external limiter does not seem to be the best at limiting fps exactly to the desired setting, but it does remove a serious bottleneck from FSX.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On a similar note, I've tried using the java file to create a new BAT with FPS limited to just 20... but every time I start FSX it hovers around 30 FPS...

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Has anyone else tried limiting their FPS to something other than the default 30?

Many thanks

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 7