Some more WIP pictures
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some more WIP pictures

Exclamation Some more WIP pictures

Here's a few pictures for our WW2 inclined friends..... FIRST beta, no cockpit yet.

François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Nice job, perfect for recreating the first ferry command flights from Canada to Scotland.

Great !!!

Will it be your Xmas gift ??

Italo

I think Christmas may come too soon this year....... we're still at first Beta and lot left to do...

Having said that, we may have another gift to keep folks happy........ more on that later!
    Umbria, Italy

hehe looks great. Looks like it could also be morphed into a Howard 500
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just the sort of aircraft that suits me in FSX. Put me down for one.

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    hehe looks great. Looks like it could also be morphed into a Howard 500
    Or even a Lockheed L-14 Super Electra? Please Francois?
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Yes, we hope to make a civilian version too.
    Umbria, Italy

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    Or even a Lockheed L-14 Super Electra? Please Francois?
    + 2 !!!

Pls Francois

Just close the front windows.On the Alphasim not possible and the boys at that time had no interest to do it

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    Yes, we hope to make a civilian version too.
    That would be very welcome indeed, Francois.

Francois, you answered my prayers!

I will use the civvy Electra (in KLM colors!) as much as the Hudson! Please try and finish this by Christmas!
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Looks good Francois!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

love your work, im a huge fan of the hudson , I cant wait to get my dirty little fingers on it

Hudsons never looked like that it looks wrong IMO, the textures are too light, and the nose isn't looking right, Hudsons were matt finish and really really beat up this looks like a cartoon! During the war the patrols through ice storms, hail sand and you name it others were baked under intense desert heat, this look's wrong! Amazing model but the nose doesn't look quite right to me and the textures look too pastel and boring! Alphasim/Virtavia's still look better at this moment to me and I really want this to be better!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Ouch! :isadizzy:
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Just being honest mate, I know this is going to be great but the textures just don't look right to me and as said the nose looks wrong, buy I think it's just the angle of the shots rather than a modeling error!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Let's remember it's still in beta which probably means it isn't close to a release candidate yet so let's give them a chance to get there. Personally I think it looks pretty good!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Yep, a quick search at Google reveals the nose is pretty accurate IMHO! For a first beta it looks good already, can't wait to see the finished product.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Each of the pics is over a MB for a 600 pixel shot

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post
    Each of the pics is over a MB for a 600 pixel shot
    That's because they're png files. Jpeg would load quicker as they're smaller...but they are also a poorer image format in that they degrade the quality of the image. I guess the dev just wanted to display his creation as best he could in this case.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

There's an excellent book out that tells about Hudson operations at Gibraltar during 1942. It's written by a RCAF pilot who was there, Everett Baudoux. The book is titled "The Wedge in the Door."

In that book there's a section that tells about an unusual event that had an impact on how some crews dealt with being on long flights in the Hudson. Apparently there was a flight of four Hudsons being flown from the UK to Gibraltar. 3/4 of the way, while over the Atlantic, one of the planes rolls over and crashes into the sea. There was no enemy action and no radio traffic to indicate what happened. The best guess was that during the long flight, the pilot had to go to the very back of the plane to use the toilet. The crewman left flying the plane had no real training or experience. The shift of weight of the pilot going from front to extreme rear threw the plane out of trim and the guy left up front didn't know how to correct the problem and the plane went out of control and crashed. For the rest of the war, the author's crew always carried empty mason jars with them whenever going on a long flight in the Hudson so they could relieve themselves without having to change position and go to the back of the plane. Some things you'll never learn on the History Channel.

Another interesting book on the Hudson:

Title: Seek and Strike: The Lockheed Hudson in World War II.
    Author: Andrew Hendrie
    ISBN: 0-7183-0489-6
    Publisher: William Kimber

Great looking model, Francois

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Thanks for all the reactions already. Simon is a developer who works on his own, surfaces once every while with product versions and then disappears again in the midst of wild Africa, where he lives.

The pictures I showed were the very first 'textured' version and not even released to the beta team yet (!).
    Just wanted to show you what we're working on. There will be many changes and - no doubt - improvements before we start putting out final pics and a release date

Meanwhile, good tips on those books, thanks !
    Umbria, Italy

One of the most detailed books I've come across on the Hudson is "The RAAF Hudson Story" by David Vincent. Two volumes in total. This guy absolutely loves the Hudson, and it comes across in his books. Not only covers all the actions by RAAF Hudsons (Med, Atlantic and Pacific) but also provides superb detail on training and home-based units. Amazing number of quality photo's in each volume.

There is also a flying Hudson (Mk.IV) based at Temora Air Museum (not far from me in Canberra), and it is in pristine condition. So a glossy Hudson is fine by me!
    http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/aircraft/Hudson.cfm

Really looking forward to this release.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Way to go, François! I'll get this Hudson for sure.
    Keep up the good work!

And thanks for the literature suggestions, nothing beats a good read to accompany a classic aircraft.

Cheers,
    Mark