Static model maker - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Static model maker

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Wonder if this will work with Milton's dash 7?? It works on the tinmouse, but im searching for a friendlier 737-200 model w gravel kit.
    I did a AI Dash 7 for someone and I think it is at Flightsim and Avsim. That would be a better candidate.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I did a AI Dash 7 for someone and I think it is at Flightsim and Avsim. That would be a better candidate.
    Hey thanks you reminded me about Sidney's CYZF 2010. that has that dash 7. Thank you very much for reminding me Milton.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Hey thanks you reminded me about Sidney's CYZF 2010. that has that dash 7. Thank you very much for reminding me Milton.
    And, it should carry any of the 40-50 repaints available.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm intrigued by the possibilities with ships and vehicles. For aircraft just hanging around airports, I just set 'em up as AI so they aren't just always in the same spot.

I've got a bunch of ships that I downloaded for an AI project that I never did get sorted out. Now I might just have another use for them.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Having a lot of fun with this program. The screeny is Milton's F7F WIP as a placed object. The model size reduces from 2905 to 1428. Making these aircraft objects could be habit forming.
    That looks great Terry.

BTW, I hereby grant permissions for any of our aircraft models to be used in this way for freeware. I do have some scaled down poly versions more suitable of the Dash 7 and D18S wheeled version, but the Spartan and Puss Moth are fairly low poly anyway. The one caveat is most of our aircraft have lots of textures. That may restrict use of them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just a thought on Milton's aircraft, but he has no VC versions of some them that might work better. I know they work out pretty good as AI.

Most of my AI ships came out of CFS and won't work with this program. Bummer....

But I did find an AI U-boat by Lionheart that will convert over. Trying to get it sorted out now. I can get the model in EZ Scenery, but without textures. Must be doing something wrong here somehow.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    About time I figure out how to work this

Now to test this in Fs9

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Can somebody explain in simple terms how to use this program?
    I've read and re-read the instructions but cannot get the static aircraft to show.
    A bgl file and texture folder is created, but where do I place these. I've tried the in the Add on
    scenery folder where both files appear, and also tried in my add on airfields where they also appear, but no static aircraft appear where I have placed it.
    The flight sim generates a new scenery file on start up, so what am I doing wrong?

William
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I must admit im with William, im not doing very well with this program either , i can get planes to show but with no textures and scenery errors, the program tells me the textures should be in the C172 texture folder which seems strange to me and sometimes i can get the complete planes with textures to show when using it as a scenery placement tool but the positioning is'nt very accuate and reminds me of the bad old days when i used to make scenery for CFS2 using FSSC, but at the moment, its easyer for me to get statics to show using Afcad and traffic tools.
    cheers ian

Thanks for the link, also visited FSDeveloper.com
    Still no joy, think it's time to throw it into touch.

William :isadizzy:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hey all

just wondering was the compatability issue with cfs2 models ever rectified or not?

regards

Hooky