The A330 refueller by Thomas Ruth causes a FSX crash with FS Recorder

Thread: The A330 refueller by Thomas Ruth causes a FSX crash with FS Recorder

Unhappy The A330 refueller by Thomas Ruth causes a FSX crash with FS Recorder

Hi all,

I wanted to simulate some kind of refuelling flight, mainly to make nice screenshots.
    As a tanker, I used the Airbus A330 made by Thomas Ruth, a cool airplane with a detailled virtual cockpit and two different animated refuelling systems (boom and drogue).

I wanted to record a flight with the A330 with FS Recorder to check if the refuel system deployment was working when the flight was replayed. Unfortunately, trying to "play as traffic" any flight made with this plane causes an instant FS crash :/

Of course, FS Recorder works well with other aircrafts, but I have seen on the net that a user reported the same issue with the An-225... and the only An-225 for FSX is made by Thomas Ruth as well.

So what's the problem here ? Why are Thomas planes having those problems with FS Recorder ?

I suggest you choose the multiplayer model version for your FS-Recording, the same crash happens when in multiplayer using the non-multiplayer model.

I will try the multiplayer model, I didn't know there was one, actually.
    Thanks for the info

Models using the (A:SIM ON GROUND, bool) variable in animations aren't multiplayer compatible; hence the crash.

Unfortunately, even after switching to the multiplayer model included in the \model\multiplayer\ folder, the sim would still crash when trying to play as traffic.
    Strangely, even with the normal (non-multiplayer) model, the normal FS Recorder replay ("Play") works without crashing, when the recording has started in the air.

Yes it's the on the ground part that causes the crash, the boolean reference made by Bjoern sounds like the culprit, which is why Tom provided the multiplayer version I believe. Are you sure the recording is using the multiplayer version and there's no AI using the standard version in the scene?

No AI of any sort, I have just downloaded and installed the plane itself, and tried to use it right away in FS Recorder.