Using FS9 AI aircraft in FSX?

Thread: Using FS9 AI aircraft in FSX?

Using FS9 AI aircraft in FSX?

I don't know that I would ever figure out how to implement them (using AI aircraft has always confused me), but will FS9 AI aircraft work in FSX?

Thanks.

NC

Mostly, yes. I have quite a few e.g. GA aircraft (Henry Tomkewicz) and military (Alphasim). Some (but not all) may not appear if they are originally FS2002. CFS2 models do not work in FSX SP2/Accel.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thanks Expat. I started thinking about this when I saw some cool AI repaints on Flightsim.com today.

Are there any AI A-7 Corsair IIs available, that you know of?

NC

You can download a little tutorial I made a few months ago, itīs in Flightsim.com and Simviation....you are right, some AI aircraft once set up are nice fliers and some do show up very well....your FPS will soar flying these....( if you have any problems PM me)..here is a beauty...

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I don't know that I would ever figure out how to implement them (using AI aircraft has always confused me), but will FS9 AI aircraft work in FSX?

Thanks.

NC
    They will work without issues if you do not activate the "DirectX10 preview" option.
    In fact in my FSX the liner traffic is all from World of AI.

Just a notice though: there is a small side effect of using FS9 AI flightplans in FSX => it makes your AI boat traffic (cruisers, tankers and aircraft carriers) dissapear.

But the solution is simple, you just need to convert the FS9 AI flightplans to FSX format, using the freeware tool AI Flight Planner. Then the boats will be back

The MAIW planes work great in FSX. There is an A-7 package or two coming out in the future. Click the link and scroll down to the bottom to see some of the A-7's.

http://rayparker-repaints.jimdo.com/coming-soon/

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    The MAIW planes work great in FSX. There is an A-7 package or two coming out in the future. Click the link and scroll down to the bottom to see some of the A-7's.

http://rayparker-repaints.jimdo.com/coming-soon/
    I had NO idea those were in the works! Thank you! That is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for!!! Awesome!

I have never learned how to use AI. NOW, I guess, I will somehow figure it all out.

So, so very cool.

NC

All of my AI planes are FS9 models. They work and look well, but fly into KORD, KDEN, KATL and you'll get slide show.