Aero Commander Sounds by Gary Jones

Thread: Aero Commander Sounds by Gary Jones

Aero Commander Sounds by Gary Jones

I got a message from Gary from CBFsim saying that he has created some authentic AC560 sounds and he asked me to try them out. WOW! So, installed them and and spent an hour flying the AC560 through all phases of flight and at different cruise settings. Absolutely loved the take off, climbout, cruise, descent, approach, and throttle pull back sounds.

He will be uploading these sounds shortly at CBFsim. If you have the Aero Commander 560, you really should try these sounds. These are the FS2004 Teledyne Continental sound set created by Gary Jones recommended for most aircraft powered by TSIO engines. Excellent work Gary!

If you do not have the AC560, you can get it here: http://www.flightsimonline.com/ac560av3/index.htm See bottom of page.

I believe it is also here in the SOH library.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Gary does excellent sound packs. This is very pleasing news!!
    ....Milton, I really enjoy your Aero Commanders :ernae:

Thanks for your talents Gary!!

Cool

Hi,

Thank you for the advice.
    Can't wait for try those sounds

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Really looking forward to these. I've always felt that having the right sound makes or brakes it.
    There's nothing like finding a brand new freeware model you've always wanted and couldn't wait to have. Downloading it and staring up a flight to suddenly hear those default Cessna sounds!
    (Insert Game Show losing sound here)
    I understand why it's done and usually have something that will work, but having it come with the "right" sound is big for me.

Honestly, I never thought that the Commander felt "wrong" with the Beech sounds. Guess I was too tickled flying it to really notice.

I all agree with you Tom!
    For example, the dart sounds of Rick Piper's wonderful HS.748 are very immersive ones (if I can say it that way...) and complete this package so well!

Gary just shared some info with me via PM. He has uploaded the AC560 sounds to AVSIM ("Twin Lycoming Engine soundpack") where you can find his Convair 240 PW-R2800 sounds as well.

Thanks Gary
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks for the info Milton. I'll be sure to watch for them.

Thanks Gary!!

Now Available!!

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Sounds New! Twin Lycoming Engine soundpack
    File Description:
    Lycoming, Teledyne Continental soundpack designed for use with any aircraft driven by these or similar engines. Well suited for twins like the highly recommended Aero Commander 560 model by Milton Shupe, FSD Piper Navajo Panther and F1 Cessna 310.

Filename:twin_lycoming_continental_sounds.zipLicense:FreewareAdded:8th November 2010Downloads:10Author:Gary JonesSize:22243kb
    Brent aka "dogknot"

WooHOO!!

Thanks Dognot. I must have just missed it. I been checking there regular

I just went for a short flight and WOW!! Excellent job Gary. I don't think I've heard such a fantastic mixology like this in the sim. Great immersion factor :ernae:

I like sound....and I like sound packs that rock...and Gary's sound pack rocks more than any other sound pack I have heard. I have a collection of 340 sound packs and this one is without a doubt the finest one of them all. I have never heard so much realism in my sim before. Absolutely amazing! And I haven't listened to it through my speakers yet...just through my little $5 headphones....but come tomorrow when the neighbors are gone and Deb is at her sister's house...my Logitech speakers will SING with this sound pack.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put them into the PAD Cessna 414 w/winglets.

Excellent set of files.

Love the way they sound when you pull the props and throttle back after climb going into cruise. Also the door seal air speed sound picks up when transitioning from climb into cruise.

The sound rpm's match all airspeeds really very well.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Just downloaded. Can't wait to try out later.
    A BIG thank you in advance.

Cedar Key - Or so Old John MacDonald would say

Gary has done some dynamite sound files -- the Pobjoy sounds he did for Paul Gausdens Swallow are nothing short of perfection - as is the Twin Gypsy set for Dave Gs DH Rapide. of course he reqorked my sound files for Dave Molyneaux's Austers (except for the AOP9) and has some gorgeous merlin and griffon sets. The Luton Minor will carry his brilliant JAP set, and his Hercules series (Bristol variety NOT Lockheed) are wonderful.

Keep them coming Gary
    Leif

Absolutely phenomenal!!!

Congratulations, Gary!!!

Cool many on me!!