Pacific Islands sceneries

Thread: Pacific Islands sceneries

Pacific Islands sceneries

Are there any good island sceneries out there that improve coastlines and landclass? I've tried a few but there are so many islands that it must be overhelming to do them all. I was looking for the groups like Gilbert, Marshall, Solomons, etc. Much of what I've found are strips and afcads that do not address the points I'm after.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

The only ones that I know that might fit your bill would be by Kazuo Kawamura. Try a search at www.flightsim.com using his name,
    Ro

This was actually my first thought on reading of your search, but I wasn't sure whether they included things like coastline mods. It seems they do, at least in some of their products, so again I suggest a search at flightsim based on their name(s); that is, on one of them such as "Derek Webb" -

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery FS2004 Scenery--Midway Atoll 2005
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: dbwmid05.zip Size: 3,119,471 Date: 08-05-2005 Downloads: 1,634
    FS2004 Scenery--Midway Atoll 2005. DBWsim presents a scenery pack for Midway Atoll on the northern tip of the Hawaiian Islands. This pack also includes scenery for French Frigate Shoals (Tern Island) and Kure Atoll. All airports and facilities have been redeveloped along with significant coastline modification and where possible land-class enhancement. By Derek and Brendan Webb.

I use everything from DBWsim, which is great for island hopping across the Pacific.

I have several sceneries by dbwsim which help the area immensly. There is this one 1945 Midway scenery that I would use but it came out with a huge white slab covering much of the island with sink-through elsewhere so I don't know what's up with that. I was wondering if others had tackled just the landclass or coastline of larger groups of islands so they don't look like childrens cutouts. It must be a huge task but I thought new software would make such improvements easier. I'll have a look for Kazuo Kawamura's sceneries, thanks Ro.

FWIW: when the WW2 Midway scenery is installed the DEFAULT start location is deleted and you would start at PMD1, PMD2 or PMD3 - PMD4 is a water strip only. PMDY is removed and you start up in the jungle. The white square I see on my system is just a small left-over from the DEFAULT airstrip. DONT start using PMDY - is no good!! Take care.

Ed

Midway by John Stinstrom is very good.

Yes it is. Just start from the correct location. Smile. BTW: the AI is great - be sure and install it too!!

Ed

And be sure to turn off (back to normal) Golden Hawaii or it will be a mess.

Just tried Kazuo Kawamura's sceneries and they look good from way up but close by the ground textures are way blurred and ocean waves come halfway across the island. As for the WWII Midway scenery I'll try the different start point. Thanks.
    BTW, I got all into the area as I was researching WWII Pacific Theater battles.