AvHistory

Thread: AvHistory

AvHistory

Oh botheration.

Looked in on AvHistory tonight and saw a ghastly sight: "NOTICE: This domain name expired on 11/02/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion" plus a heap of trashy adverts.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

oh no!!!......I'll donate to the site to maintain......I think they had a "donate" button which I never pushed to my eternal discredit....but it always "just seemed to be there"....like a rock of Gibraltar......AvHistory falls into the must be maintained category....right gents????

yeah.....looked...it's appalling!!

AARGHHH!!!

This is terrible!!! I was just there a week or so ago and there was no indication that there was a problem.

Is there any way to get in touch with one or another of the admins over there to see if there's anything we can do?

Home for tea and tiffin! BeauBrummie's Avatar
    Mmmm., I think it was inevitable. Didn't the team move off onto new pastures and they left the site up but unattended. But then I think Griz amongst others grabbed most of what was there.

Check out my website for info on CFS3, the Mosquito, Coastal Command, Coastal Forces and hosting 3rd Party Add-Ons.
    BEAUBRUMMIE'S CFS3 WEBSITE
    The Mosquito DBKF DH98 PROJECT
    Check out my YouTube video's
    BEAU'S CFS3 MOVIES

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Yea another one Bites the dust..

BUMMER, since the early days of CFS, I have enjoyed the Work done by the AV team..

It is a sad day in CFS3..
    Really sorry to see this..

Goodbye to some great folks whom have enriched my life for many years..

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

BDP Nuker

Is there anyone here who has the zip file for this .exe program? I'd like to keep o copy just in case I need to reboot. Its a tragedy about AVH, I just came from there. I hope Bear and the others can get it back up somewhere else maybe.

So sad for us,...we Band-of-Brothers. :salute::salute:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Wyld45 View Post
    So sad for us,...we Band-of-Brothers. :salute::salute:
    Sad indeed Wyld45

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 11/02/2010 and is pending renewal or deletion

Me and the Bear go back a long time. When MAW first came out he sent me an installation CD. Hope he's OK.:salute:
    CHEERS

The pages turn.

As you say, I hope they're both OK and simply taking a well-earned break from flight simulation, whatever the platform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Yes it is sad we have lost this wonderfull site.
    Could the files from AVH be uploaded in the warbird's archives?

Thumbs up

This is real bad news. i remember spending a good portion of a day back when they started doing the v4 aircraft downloading everything they had on that site ........ just looked for any of it and with sad news i no longer have any, that must have been one of my hard drive deaths that took them many moons ago :-(

Dave

I agree, we should upload those we do have - but they'd need to be put in a special file section, I think, to keep things orderly. Between us I expect we have a lot more than you might think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

be happy to add any that I have...lots in the games....used to keep the entire collection on a drive but the AvHistory site was so enduring....archive files, new files...I re-purposed the drive....more the fool I.....

will SOH take 'em on as downloads?.....admins?

I believe that I have everything that was on the site in a dedicated HD file....

Uploading would just take time...

pied
    Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak......

I have everything CFS3 form AVHistory up 1945 hrs on 02/14/2010, I'd be more than happy to contribute to the preservation of the files. CAD
    I'm still looking for work, if anyone needs anything done in AutoCAD, Inventor or Solidworks, give me a shout. I've got 20 plus years experience in design.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I also have all the AVHistory files including the older models for CFS3..
    I hope we are allowed to upload this..
    I would Help as needed in this process..
    It is a true Loss for all Now the AVH is now offline..

sky pilot

avhistory

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    I also have all the AVHistory files including the older models for CFS3..
    I hope we are allowed to upload this..
    I would Help as needed in this process..
    It is a true Loss for all Now the AVH is now offline..
    I sure hope so Owen as I just got the multi install to install on my rig but now I can't find any place to get the effects files I need !
    sky pilot

AV History Preservation

Hey guys, as soon as we have permission to do so,I would like to very much put up
    what I have on my site.(even if its just Texture and Effects files). I do have quite a
    few of the planes,(especially the B-17s) and would also be honored if allowed to create
    a special page just for AV History stuff. Sadly,another "Bookmark" and "Link" that I now
    have to delete!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]