Xtreme Prototypes Gates LearJet Anniversary Edition Update Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xtreme Prototypes Gates LearJet Anniversary Edition Update Released

Xtreme Prototypes Gates LearJet Anniversary Edition Update Released

Xtreme Prototypes has released a new edition of the legendary Gates Lear 20 Series Aircraft , featuring a state of the art Virtual Cockpit rendered by VRay to create realistic interior shading, accumulated dirt and wear .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    The New Edition is free to current owners of the Gates LearJet and contains additional VRay texture upgrades to the exterior with one Lear 24 , 25 and 28 Series Aircraft aged and represented as "weather-beaten".<o></o>
    An American registered Gates Lear 24 in a Jet Black Livery has been added to the collection with all versions now having an informally dressed passenger in the cabin , new lighting and the full spectrum of DX10 features enabled such as cockpit shadows.<o></o>
    New with this release is a Paint kit featuring an adjustable dirt layer and separate detail and color layers with UVW layout for creating your own liveries.<o></o>
    Technical updates to the analogue 3D avionics suite and gauge set round out the anniversary edition update and present pilots with a sophisticated representation of all cockpit systems to master with the extensive documentation provided. <o></o>
    The Xtreme Prototypes Homepage has complete details on the Lear 20 Series , links to reviews, Video and screenshots with a full edition POH available to explore, current owners just re download and install .

<o></o>

<o></o>

Thanks, Chuck. This is a really great update and much appreciated.

cheers,
    steve

Thank you sir!!! :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Thanks for the encouragement, extensive use of the VRay Rendering Engine was the principal task at hand here , its ability to create subtle lighting changes is a marvel in the creation of paintwork and VC textures.

Attachment 22523Attachment 22524

How many paint schemes are there included? North American reg's? Paint kit?

Awesome job Chuck!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Charter Member 2015
    Thanks for the HU I just purchased it. Very nice price....

David

Attachment 22530
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    How many paint schemes are there included? North American reg's? Paint kit?
    7 paints , one from each was aged 30 years and a new American livery in black and gold , a paintkit was produced and uploaded, its exact location and a link i will need to verify, the website was being updated late last night and might have more to do still.

Thanks for the update :salute:

Found out where the paintkit was hiding , its available to registered owners with an account at the Xtreme Prototypes website by clicking the following link .http://www.xtremeprototypes.com/en/downloadupgrades.asp

Addendum , and Mia Culpa .. it seems i have scandalized some of our more devout Muslim clients , a few emails have come in regarding the passenger, who while fully dressed is intricately modelled with all of the curves well represented in animated mesh.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    While musing on a figure to model an associate mentioned the Lear was a favoured ride for Rock Stars and their entourage and Traffic out of Miami during the 80's. An anecdote from Steve during the beta test raised the same point , citing some hanger chat related in an email to me " I used to share a hangar with a Lear 25 and those guys always complained that our King Air always flew Monday through Friday and always for business and their Lear sat all week and only flew on the weekends and only flew for whores and golf. "<o></o>
    <o></o>
    I apologize to those who feel i was given to folly over Polly, but to Mr Mohammed Achmed , an abject Mia Culpa , it was insensitive of me to have strained the limits of moral turpitude by having added a trollop to your aircraft .<o></o>

I do like her better now that I've gotten to know her.

cheers,
    steve

The lady in question as imaged from the camera view provided , a flexible mesh model with three sets of bones , one for the wrist spinning the water glass ( also animated ) , another set for the head and neck and a last pair in the left foot , i was trying to make her look impatient , and a bit like Annie Lennox.

Attachment 22629

I got mine from Just Flight will you be uploading the update to their site?

Just Flight and the other Resellers were all notified and linked up with the new installers Friday, about half got the update posted the same day and others ( Just Flight ) will have it up today i hope, i will go through the list and ensure all are up to date.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    The one exception is PC Pilot, they have not replied to any correspondence for some time and have become a concern for Xtreme Prototypes and a number of other companies, some of whom have pulled their products, it’s quite possible that there will be further issues to resolve if client services cannot be properly attended .<o></o>

We pulled all of our stuff off of PC Pilot three weeks ago.

The team at JF are currently working on making this upgrade available to our customers. I took the new version up for a spin today and it looks great:

well thats great now i am goto get this airplane Thank you So Much for US reg plane

been wanting a better learjet for a long time miss my old Learjet60 from Fly the Lear60 addon from fs2004! i am happy now ! THANK YOU :salute:

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Great to see another repaint of the aircraft , was the painkit easy to use?

yes thank you

one thing the plane needs though is Tcas:salute:
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

It's been quite sometime since I made any flightsim purchases.

There is a special place in my heart for the Learjet 24.

Here is The Chairman of the Board's Lear 24:

http://images.airliners.net/photo/494423/

This was (is) a truly historical aircraft:

http://www.sunlakesaeroclub.org/upda...31/Sinatra.htm

Here is the Learjet that my late father and I took our last ride together on in 2004. He and I used to talk about Lears often back in the 60's. It was his favorite aircraft. I believe this one was ex USAF. It could be converted to carry a stretcher - N707SC:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lear-...c024a449f8fd3d

Looks like it's fallen on some hard times since then. I have a handful of photos of our flight from
    KSRQ to KTVC. I'll try to figure out how to post them on Flickr or Photobucket or Airliners.net.

The view through the cockpit windshield at 38,000 ft and Mach .70+ is spectacular.

Being a medical flight we were given priority to land. It was a breathtaking descent.

I'll tell my wife that I would like this as a Christmas present.

A wonderfully modeled aircraft. Thank you.
    "...speed...is the only reason for flying." - Clyde V. Cessna

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro" - HST

I have been considering putting a Medivac / cargo version together as a separate package, have you any interior pics of the cabin arrangement?

Hello Chuck:

I'm afraid I do not have any photos of the cabin. Just a handful taken from immediately behind the flightdeck facing forward, encompassing the instrument panel, windshield, and back of the pilot and co-pilots head, and one or two from the outside when we stopped at a rural airport in Indiana to refuel.

I do recall the pilot telling me it was ex USAF. The stretcher went on the pilot's side, with the patient facing rearwards. The patient's head was just inside the door, roughly half way up the door. Behind the flightdeck seats were cabinets, I assume for medical supplies. They appeared to be veneered in a black granite look plastic with white or gray marbling and natural wood finish drawers. The height was just below the seats of the flightdeck. I think the rear bench seat was still there. Other than that the interior was quite plain and spartan, the granite looking veneer breaking up an otherwise solid colored black and off-white or cream colored cabin.

I will try to get those pictures uploaded, although they may not be much help for what you need. I'll post back here as soon as I can, but it may be tomorrow.
    "...speed...is the only reason for flying." - Clyde V. Cessna

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro" - HST

Start repainting this very nice bird - here the first pics. XtremePrototypes did a great job on her - imho, the best Learjet for FS - very well done XP-Team !

Greetings Dirk

just did my first Real flight in the Learjet from Columbia CA to Aspin CO 1 hour 17 MIN landed with 35 Fuel

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014