Aircraft add-ons: RAF WW2 + FSX Native = ?

Thread: Aircraft add-ons: RAF WW2 + FSX Native = ?

Didn't quite escape.

Aircraft add-ons: RAF WW2 + FSX Native = ?

I'm having a hunt for true FSX - and preferably worth having - wartime RAF types that I can put on all these airfields I keep throwing out.

I currently have the freeware Beaufighter and Dragon Rapide by Dave Garwood. I also have the A2A and RAS Spitfire packs and the First Class / Dan Dunn Hurricanes. I also have the Just Flight boxed sets of the (ported) AH Mosquito and Tiger Moth, plus a horde of other ports that I want to dispose of with FSX native models.

Alphasim (I might have to bite my tongue very hard in penance and, against my better judgement, send them some money) do a Blenheim, a Hampden and a Hudson, although the lack of gallery screenshots for the latter isn't a good start.

Both Alphasim and Sky Unlimited do Harvards, although only Alpha have one in wartime RAF colours at this time, which is the livery I'd need for use as AI or in screenshots.

FCS do a Miles Magister, which I suspect to be an FS9 model (the site is lacking detail, as usual from them) and have literally just released a Wellington, which isn't available for download.

Is that really it, for FSX native RAF WW2 aircraft, or am I missing something that I shouldn't be?

Basically, I have £26 left to spend this month, which will get me one add-on. Suggestions anyone?

Ian P.

Charter Member 2011
    if i rember rightly the magister is a true fsx aircraft, allthough i think rog said it had some shine issues??

Dont fret, more british birdies are comeing
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

hinch
    I find browsing www.simmarket.com to be the best - though I'm not saying buy it from there because there can be better currency conversions.

There are a few interesting options such as the ME-262 and HO-229.

Didn't quite escape.
    I hate to point this out, hinch, but there was this big argument thing between a whole bunch of countries. The RAF were on one side, the Messerschmitt and the Horton were on the other...

That said, I do have the Me262 and a very nice model it is, too! I don't have the Horton, but do have the A2A Bf109.

I think I'm going to get the Magister. It's £8 so won't break the bank. That should still leave me enough for another add-on though, so I'm still open to further suggestions.

Edit: The Magister is FSX native, but not massively well modelled. As you noted, stiz, there are a number of texture issues in the VC. It looks fine from the outside, though, so will do nicely for AI, being very simple and one of those types that really could turn up anywhere.

Ian P.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    I hate to point this out, hinch, but there was this big argument thing between a whole bunch of countries. The RAF were on one side, the Messerschmitt and the Horton were on the other...
    Ian P.
    The whole European Theatre of operations of WWII summed up in 2 sentences......:d:costumes:

Hold onto your £26, Ian and wait for the release of the Aerosoft Cat
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    Hold onto your £26, Ian and wait for the release of the Aerosoft Cat
    That's what I'd do if I were you, Ian...the Catalina is going to be a magnificent virtual bird, so hold the £26, and wait...I can't think of any other aircraft you might like, since you already are the proud owner of the RAS Spitty :mixedsmi:...

Wait and see ;-)...
    Please let me know about spelling and grammatical errors in my English, thank you!
    Aeropedia.be photographer
    Flightlevel.be photographer, editor and forum administrator
    So drink to the Black Cat PBY,
    Damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
    BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft,
    Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.

Sony DSLR-A350 + 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 + 55-200mm F4-5.6 + 70-400G F4-5.6 SSM (all lenses made by Sony). All in a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW backpack.
    My Flickr photostream.

Didn't quite escape.
    I suspect, however, that this may still be a long hold!!!

The budget is refreshed after payday, so I can still get that in the future.

Ian P.

I'm not unhappy with the Hudson, the exterior is great, the sounds too, though the cockpit is a bit simple I feel, but if you want it for AI, that's fine. I've done a few repaints for it, but if it is a special repaint you're after I can always see what I can do. It's real easy to repaint, so if you want to fill an airfield with a whole squadron, I'm sure we can do something.
    Same for the Alpha Harvard, that's nice too, and easy to repaint as well...
    And we can do a few more Tomahawks...
    edit: ..and then I'm forgetting the Alpha B-24! The RAF had a whole bunch of them!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

icarus
    we are coming out with the gladiator soon, it's raf and ww2 and native fsx

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ight=gladiator