I have FINALLY finished the comprehensive update to Battle for Europe. For those who remember, this is a dual-sided campaign (28 missions for the Allies, 27 for the Germans) which chronicles the period from July, 1943 to April, 1945.
The campaign was originally written by Dominique Rollin in 2002 and contained only the German side, but when I did version I in 2009, I made it dual-sided. The Allied versions are in many ways "mirrored images" of the German side.
Changes to this version include...
1) FDGv2 planes, because they're now freeware.
2) Greatly improved dynamic elements, including random chance and other goodies, in almost every mission. The missions for Normandy and the Rhine Offensive especially have undergone considerable modifications.
3) Improved mission texts, goals, and other fun.
4) GSL scenery for various ports.
5) Better ships, including Pen32Win's landing craft for D-day.
6) A random chance element in the Allied campaign; you'll either fly the Schweinfurt raid in a B-17, or you'll be protecting them coming back from this raid.
Battle for Europe now officially joins the list of "retired" campaigns.
This officially concludes all campaign work in the Late European theatre for now. This theatre, like the Eastern Front, I am "putting into mothballs" for the time being. The only other thing I will do with it is to do the second layout package, probably this weekend.
I have put it up on my site for you all to enjoy.