Looking for prop-disc

Thread: Looking for prop-disc

Looking for prop-disc

Hello,afther dnld Bob by Pat Pattle the two following A/Cs dont have a prop-disc showing once the engine is started :BoB_BF109E-02 and BoB_Bf109E-26.
    How can I have it showing?

Blog Entries
    Mmm.. Both Rob & I have had a look into this and it seems that it's the model that's at fault. It's the Aeroplane Heaven one. All the supplied textures are included as far as I can tell so unless anyone knows different it'll have to be replaced for the next install.

Cheers,

Pat
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Blog Entries
    Hi Pat: I'm getting the same, I noticed the BoB_BF109E-02 also does'nt have a gun sight.
    CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Hi Pat: I'm getting the same, I noticed the BoB_BF109E-02 also does'nt have a gun sight.
    Rename then place the JG26 Cockpit0.M3D file into the JG2 file Model folder. The cockpits are compatable and the gunsight will appear.

Don't know about the prop issue.

Addendum: Off topic a bit, but did any of the BoB Emils have cannon? None do in the install.

PS: The AH BF109E, upon which this aircraft is apparently based, contains a shared folder with a gunsight file in it. Perhaps this is the issue. Since I changed the entire cockpit file, however, I can't verify this. For some reason, the AH version also contains two prop.dds files.

Now that I've looked at this a bit, all of the aircraft based on the Aeroplane Heaven Bf109E, including the AH original (bf109e_4), seem to have this "missing" prop issue - including the FS (FM) 109s. Even after installing the appropriate shared files, say for the FouteMan models, which have the called for 109e_prop.dds file, the whirring prop does not appear.

Has anyone else seen this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wsmwsm View Post
    Rename then place the JG26 Cockpit0.M3D file into the JG2 file Model folder. The cockpits are compatable and the gunsight will appear.

Don't know about the prop issue.

Addendum: Off topic a bit, but did any of the BoB Emils have cannon? None do in the install.

PS: The AH BF109E, upon which this aircraft is apparently based, contains a shared folder with a gunsight file in it. Perhaps this is the issue. Since I changed the entire cockpit file, however, I can't verify this. For some reason, the AH version also contains two prop.dds files.
    :salute:Thanks Renamed then place the JG26 Cockpit0.M3D file into the JG2 file Model gunsight now there.

:ernae:
    CHEERS

Glad it worked. Sill can't figure out the AH-based BF109 whirring prop issue. Perhaps someone else has an answer.

This might help;find the prop_german.dds file in the aircraft/shared main game file, rename it 109e_prop.dds and replace the original file in the A/C with this one.
    Voila!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    This might help;find the prop_german.dds file in the aircraft/shared main game file, rename it 109e_prop.dds and replace the original file in the A/C with this one.
    Voila!
    :salute:Your a good msn gosd. Works like an charm

Thank you:ernae::ernae:
    CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Voila!
    Will give it a try. Thanks.