Over the Fantasy of Flight

Thread: Over the Fantasy of Flight

Over the Fantasy of Flight

Yesterday I did an IFR training trip from my home base at Plant City to Orlando Executive just north of Orlando. Since it was IFR and I was flying with my instructor I couldn't really look out the window much, but on the way back we flew right over Fantasy of Flight at 4,000 feet and I snuck a peek.

I've met Kermit Weeks, who owns the place and he's about the most down to earth multi-millionaire you'd ever know. Since his family made their money after Kermit was in his early twenties, and they'd been middle class folks all during his formative years, he really has a good perspective on wealth and how to use it.

Anyway, if any of you get blackmailed into doing Disney, FoF is just 30 minutes down the road and well worth the trip. Laid out real well, easy access for folks with limited mobility (caters to vets) and a pleasant few hours.

http://www.fantasyofflight.com/
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Thanks TeaSea, I'll have to check it out next time I go to my folks house in Orlando.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks TeaSea for the heads up.

Sounds like a good place to visit. Congrats on your IFR as well.

:ernae:

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2024
    I gotta make it down there TeaSea. We have the Fighter Factory in my neck of the woods and I advise anyone in the Tidewater area of VA not to miss the opportunity to drop by. Ask for Craig Quattelbaum and tell him Caz Dalton sent you, you'll get the personal tour. They too restored airplanes to fly, not static displays.

Check them out at: http://www.fighterfactory.com/welcome.php

Caz

Thanks Cazzie...

I may be up in that area within the next few months so I'm definitely going to see if I can peel some time off to check this out.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."