Is Crossfire worth it?

Thread: Is Crossfire worth it?

Cool Is Crossfire worth it?

Has anyone run FSX on crossfire or even SLI?
    I'm busy as you know from previous posts that I'm upgrading my system. I normally do this every two years and I like to make sure as I possibly can that it would last. I also play a large selection of games with FSX getting about 40% - 50% of my time.
    I have also recently had a taste of using eyefinity and I must say it's incredible! So I will be adding one more monitor to my other two. So I'll be running at resolutions of 5040x1050 and higher

Now I do make a generous budget available, but I hate to waste my money.
    So here is the question. Is Crossfire really worth the money looking at it in the broader view of things? Or is it better to rather save and buy newer technology when it comes.

I really hope "Microsoft Flight" will be coding around these technologies (Crossfire/SLI, multi GPU's etc)

I still haven’t decided on CPU and Mobo yet, but I’m leaning towards the Intel i7 950, but that will only come early in the new year.
    Any other insights will be welcome

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

I'm not a fan of Crossfire or SLI, but if you are going to run a sim on multiple monitors, I think it does make sense.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.