FS9 Won't Boot Up

Thread: FS9 Won't Boot Up

FS9 Won't Boot Up

Hi All;

Just got back from a week's stint in the hospital (bad infection in my left leg related to a lifelong medical problem) and found my FS2004 won't run. Clicking on the desktop shortcut gives me the sound of the CD-ROM spooling up but then nada: no welcoming screen, nothing. So it looks like I need to do a complete clean re-install, but having never done one before I'm a little unclear of the procedures. I guess I need to save my add-on aircraft, scenery, gauges, sounds, flights, and modules to disc before I do anything, and it might be a good time to do some housecleaning and purge some aircraft I don't use, but I'd like to know what other critical stuff I need to save or do before I commit to this.

Thanks in advance,

N.

clean up

hello
    yes save your planes but if you say uninstall fs9 it will ask you if you want to delete all files ..... say no to this as it will only delete fs9 with no loos of planes and stuff then you can download to fs9 when its reinstalled i have done it twice , i use windows xp only so if you use other i do not know hope this helps

I would try cleaning the DVD and replacing the shortcut before you go to all that work.

Have you messed with the default plane or flight any?
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I agree check the DVD drive with any other disk first to see if that is working ok.

IF you do need to do a full re-install I would recommend the following steps provided you have enough HD space.

1. Locate the current FS9 folder and rename it to something like FS9_org
    2. Start the install from the CDs using the same name you originally used if other than default.
    3. Start the newly installed copy once to make sure it is working ok then shut it down.
    4. Copy the entire Aircraft and Gauges folders from the FS9_org to the new FS9 installation.

If you have any payware AC this procedure usually avoids having to re-register all of them and gets you running the fastest.

From there it depends on your installation as far as addon scenery and textures are concerned how to best proceed.

Stefan

Hi,

Please DO NOT UNINSTALL FS2004 !!
    Check your personal message box.