Rodeo - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rodeo

A fun filled flight to Phoenix followed our Las Vegas leg. The desert is fun to fly over. The did cross over the Hualapai Mountains about half way from Vegas to Phoenix. That's in the pic where the dirt gets pretty darned close to the bottom of the plane. At 9000 feet we crossed the ridge line with plenty of room to spare. Maybe even 200 feet.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Ah.....shucks, forgot to load the bloody film in the magic box!

We had a real nice shortish flight from Phoenix to Tucson. We flew over what we figured must have been the Arizona Tea factory enroute. Next stop Albuquerque (unless we make that left turn).
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Couple of shots from the flight to Tucson- including one of that mysterious C-124 that was shadowing us.

Plane went down for engines at Phoenix. Towed her into the hangar to get some modifications done, then flew over to Tuscon.
    HP Reverb G2

Kind of a longish flight for us from Tucson to Albuquerque. But still had a good time with a fun flight.

Rgr. on being a long flight, but we all made it to Albuquerque. Real neat got to fly near my home in New Mexico. Scenery of the parked DC-4s is from Calclassic 1959.

We left Albuquerque for Pueblo, Colorado. Due to DC-4s being unpressurized, we had to find our ways through the San Juan mountains after flying over the Rio Grande Rift. Had a great time.

Pretty much a milk run from Pueblo to Cheyenne. Rockies to the left and plains to the right.

The PSA ship didn't fare too well however. She slammed her nose wheel down and collapsed it, wiping the smile right off the nose. The PSA public relations guy on hand was livid.

Nice flight to Cheyenne. Although I had a couple of small minor problems at the end. It was getting dark on me and I couldn't make out the runways, the lights at the end. So I guessed wrong at which rwy to land on and had to dodge a water tower on short final. Just before the I got to the fence, they turned the airport lights on. Then I had to wander in the semi darkness to find the parking spot. But it sure was a pretty sunset.

Got a couple of reasonable kodaks across the plains of eastern Colorado on the way to Cheyenne. Looks like we're headed back into the hills on the next leg!
    HP Reverb G2

Crossed the Rockies again going from Cheyenne (KCYS) to Grand Junction CO (KGJT). I was trying to keep from going much over 12,000ft as the DC-4 is unpressurized and eventually found a long valley going through the mountains to Grand Junction. But in doing so, I got separated from the flight and ended up approaching the airport from the opposited end that they were. So, I lined up with the taxiway and landed there, and drifted off onto the ramp to keep from hitting the aircraft that were parked on the taxiway. A typical Flight 19 performance....

A fun filled flight, as Willy said. It would seem we are back amid the dry country. Pretty scenery to fly over.
    HP Reverb G2

A few more snaps. It started as a busy day at Cheyenne, with (a) seven Skymasters waiting for clearance. (From left to right, Moses, Willy, MM, Taco, PRB, MDK, and vW.) Then an ascent to 12,000 hoping to skim over the tops of the ridges. Flying is a challenge, especially near the edge of the air (b). Most emphatically, this is beautiful ski country in the high Rockies (c) with green forests and snow packed peaks covering the horizon. Eventually, the terrain descended into more of a southwestern scrub brush pocked with ravines and canyons (d) as we made our way into Grand Junction. Lovely country.
    -Mike

Great night flight into KSLC. On landing, we decided to stick close to the pilot from Western Air Lines as he knows the best bars in Salt Lake City.
    -Mike

Few snaps (out of order of course) from the night flight. Or as Willy probably called it, the "night fright".

Fun filled night flight into Salt Lake City. Most of the kodaks came out a little dark...
    HP Reverb G2

Great fun flight where we couldn't see a darn thing. I know I was pretty close to some mountaintops a few times there. As the flight crew missed the in-flight movie, I treated them at the local Drive In after the pasengers were off loaded $2 a carload

Rgr. Fun night flight. Here are a couple of snaps of Flight 19, of course, they are out of order. The first one. Flight 19 at KSLC. Second one is of Flight 19 waiting for departure at KGJT.

Great flight to Jackson Hole. This mountain flying is fun.

Yup, nice weather into Jackson Hole. Landed first and watched the others come in. Great fun.

Howdy folks,

Here are a few photos of Western's DC-4 on last nights flight. Of course, they are mixed up. Climbing out of KSLC was a pistol, and it was a wonder that we didn't blow a cly. or two. The last picture taken was as we were parked next to Moses's American DC-4 watching Willy and vW proceeding to the parking area. After parking Dudley and I got out and started to check the plane for any hole from spears. There was some talk about some spear chucken Yetis as we crossed over the mountain, but no holes. I think I was just sold the keys to the pitcher boxs...! hehe.

Taco

Really nice relaxing flight from Jackson Hole to Helena, MT. The clear weather has been fortunate for our venture. We found a pass in the mountains not too long after takeoff that got us on a direct course.

vW was along for a while but then had to veer off to Bozeman to visit relatives.

Howdy:salute:

A real nice flight from Jackson Hole to Helena, and extra nice weather. Sure a lot different than the normal weather trends that Flight 19 is use to! Some snaps shots of last night flight.

Great flight from Helena Montana to Spokane Washington. Nothing like flying along in the mountains and running into thick fog. Fortunately it cleared before we got to Spokane.