AAC Islander!

Thread: AAC Islander!

AAC Islander!

Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Snave
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Nice. Wonder how many of them could be bought (well, the BN-2T) if we stopped getting so focussed on the necessity for vertical takeoff and landing and bought a hundred re-made Islanders instead of ten helicopters that don't like flying hot and heavy or don't fly at all when `our` electronics won't talk to `their` systems...?

Perhaps the UK military could learn to save the money by utilising Third World aircraft?

Who cares what they think mate, at the end of the day no way is this country third world, well not yet anyway!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Snave
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Who cares what they think mate, at the end of the day no way is this country third world, well not yet anyway!
    Not while we've got `The Bomb`, m8.

And isn't it only Third World countries that have Nazi's in a position of supreme executive power, by decree, behind closed doors and without a hint of democratic re-election?

Nice paint Peter! Cant wait for its release.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post
    Nice paint Peter! Cant wait for its release.
    Mate it's not mine its at flightsim.com, both Army Air Corps and RAF just do a search for "Islander" and you should find them!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

That is a lovely screenshot Pete and I'm very grateful to you for posting it.

I also posted direct downloads for the paints, if anyone wants them...

Islander AL1 of 651 Sqn AAC:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmwycjy0mgl

Islander CC2 of RAF Northolt Station Flight

http://www.mediafire.com/?mi2q00mm0nm

When I uploaded them I completely forgot to include the entries for the aircraft.cfg! Here is how they should read (replacing XX of course!).

[fltsim.XX]
    title=Islander AL1 651 Squadron Army Air Corps
    sim=F1_BN2
    model=PN
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=AAC
    ui_manufacturer=Britten-Norman
    ui_type=Islander AL1
    ui_variation= 651 Squadron, Army Air Corps
    ui_typerole="Utility aircraft"
    ui_createdby="Flight One Software"
    description=© Virtavia 2010\n\nThe Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander is a 1960's British light utility aircraft, mainline airliner and cargo aircraft designed and originally manufactured by Britten-Norman of the United Kingdom. The Islander is one of the best-selling commercial aircraft types produced in Europe. Although designed in the 1960s, over 750 are still in service with commercial operators around the world. The aircraft is also used by the Army and Police forces in the United Kingdom and is a popular light transport with over 30 military aviation operators around the world.
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_airline=Army Air Corps
    atc_id=ZG993
    atc_flight_number=
    visual_damage=0
    kb_checklists=BN2_check
    kb_reference=BN2_ref

[fltsim.XX]
    title=Islander CC2 RAF Northolt Station Flight
    sim=F1_BN2
    model=PN
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=northolt
    ui_manufacturer=Britten-Norman
    ui_type=Islander CC2
    ui_variation= RAF Northolt Station Flight
    ui_typerole="Utility aircraft"
    ui_createdby="Flight One Software"
    description=© Virtavia 2010\n\nThe Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander is a 1960's British light utility aircraft, mainline airliner and cargo aircraft designed and originally manufactured by Britten-Norman of the United Kingdom. The Islander is one of the best-selling commercial aircraft types produced in Europe. Although designed in the 1960s, over 750 are still in service with commercial operators around the world. The aircraft is also used by the Army and Police forces in the United Kingdom and is a popular light transport with over 30 military aviation operators around the world.
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_airline=Royal Air Force
    atc_id=ZH536
    atc_flight_number=
    visual_damage=0
    kb_checklists=BN2_check
    kb_reference=BN2_ref

Happy flying!

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Snave
    For the idiot over-reactors among us, may we point out that Peter and I are mixing our metpahors over recent news events in Britain - defence cuts, a papal visit, a pontiff aide likening the UK to a Third World country, and then compounding the insult by linking atheists alongside nazi's...

Nothing like a bit o' religion to stir things up `Stateside` among the good 'ol boys it seems! Y'all go back to your bourbon and `World Series` baseball and leave the joshin' to the growd ups...

Sheesh!

Blog Entries
    Snave. I dont care what some people may have said. you have a lot of us americans here who respect and enjoy the Peoples of the British Isles. We dont appreciate your insults. Leave them at the door please..
    Warchild!

Snave
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Snave. I dont care what some people may have said. you have a lot of us americans here who respect and enjoy the Peoples of the British Isles. We dont appreciate your insults. Leave them at the door please..
    Warchild!
    Like I said, over-reactors. You have no idea what we are talking about, nor what I;m talking about - and seemingly haven't taken the time to learn, which is very sad when the opportunity is offered.
    It's not my business to teach global eclecticism, it's YOUR job to learn it in a global reach forum.

If you don't `get it`, and can't be bothered to learn, stay out of of the topic.

Simple advice, freely offered.

BTW I have relatives in West Tennessee, and West Virginia, and a holiday home in Maryland close to Sly and Harrison. I really don't need preaching to in the manner of `People of the British Isles` and I thank you to keep your parochialism to yourself.

This train has gone off the tracks.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Retired SOH Administrator
    This thread is suppose to be about the AAC Islander. Please try and keep it there and all the other BS left out.Thanks, Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro